DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Found MA2 - how to find owner

Someone's not going to be a happy bunny, that's got to be practically brand new.

Reactions: DanaMc
Shame they couldn’t be bothered to follow the law
What law did they break and how do you jump to such a conclusion?? It of course is unfortunate and as likely as not a pilot error. Could have been it ran out of battery and fell from a perfectly legal height trying to RTH. Or one of several other scenarios new pilots are subject to do without intentional malice. They lost their new drone. Isn’t that enough to endure?

A serial number search by DJI should get it back in the hands of the registered owner. Kudos to the neighbor who found it and is attempting to do the right thing.

What law did they break and how do you jump to such a conclusion?? It of course is unfortunate and as likely as not a pilot error. Could have been it ran out of battery and fell from a perfectly legal height trying to RTH. Or one of several other scenarios new pilots are subject to do without intentional malice. They lost their new drone. Isn’t that enough to endure?
FAA registration number

You did not register your drone? And if the owner registered he failed to post it on the drone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shame they couldn’t be bothered to follow the law
Because it was an EASY jump. Yeah, and that law? That would be not registering their drone. That was one possible law that allegedly was not adhered to. Intentional or not, they didn't do it. And no, it isn't enough to endure. And if it WAS registered with no sticker? There that is the other law that was broken. By not having it on the drone. If they cannot follow procedure, perhaps they shouldn't be flying a drone.

Yeah, that would be registering their drone.

Didn't read the manual when I first got my mini. Didn't even bother to check for FAA regs, and I should know better.
After downloading Kittyhawk, I realized I was in Control D, which meant I had to get clearance to fly in my back yard. In the process of seeking out what I needed to do, I got to FAA Drop Zone, where I learned to register my mini (got the labels too), and finally learned to get LAANC, or CoA (still don't this one yet) before flying my mini. On somedays I am restricted to 50' high, where normally I have 200' max. I can live with this for now, but I'll probably study and test for 107.
Live and Learn

Didn't read the manual when I first got my mini. Didn't even bother to check for FAA regs, and I should know better.
After downloading Kittyhawk, I realized I was in Control D, which meant I had to get clearance to fly in my back yard. In the process of seeking out what I needed to do, I got to FAA Drop Zone, where I learned to register my mini (got the labels too), and finally learned to get LAANC, or CoA (still don't this one yet) before flying my mini. On somedays I am restricted to 50' high, where normally I have 200' max. I can live with this for now, but I'll probably study and test for 107.
Live and Learn

Unless you added accessories to your Mini that raised its weight above the stock 249 grams, or fly it under Part 107, there is no requirement that you register a Mavic Mini.

Unless you added accessories to your Mini that raised its weight above the stock 249 grams, or fly it under Part 107, there is no requirement that you register a Mavic Mini.
Exactly what I was thinking

Reactions: dawgpilot
Roger that

well said probably did not even realise, poor guy/women probably gutted hope they get it back safely.people as so quick to shoot others down even in a misfortune situation give em a break chaps. ;)

well said probably did not even realise, poor guy/women probably gutted hope they get it back safely.people as so quick to shoot others down even in a misfortune situation give em a break chaps. ;)
Well if he had followed the law he might already have his toy back.

Reactions: Tufargon
Well if he had followed the law he might already have his toy back.
like i said he or she may not have realised they need to do it ,not everyone is perfect im afraid.

Reactions: jaysmithtechtv
If you have a “toy” that flys on its own and costs more than a little bit, it only seems logical to have your email or SOMETHING on it in case it gets lost.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair