DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Found MAVIC MINI. Forsyth Park, Savannah, Georgia. 03/31/20

Thanks for joining with this. Did you by chance look in the battery compartment to see if it had any info on it.

Good idea . . . also there should be a micro SD card onboard, which may hold a file with owners info, or photos etc that could give a clue to ownership.

There is a QR code there. I scanned it and got what looks like a serial number. I emailed DJI to see if it was registered but got a "we have scaled down operations at our California repair shop due to coronavirus you may live chat us during normal business hours" reply. There is a micro SD card. How can I view it? I have mostly Apple/Mac devices. I plugged the drone into my iMAC via USB cable and it appeared to be charging. At one point the it started making little movements like the blades wanted to turn on? Someone using find mode?

Last edited:
DJI are usually reluctant to try and track owners via serial numbers etc.
Maybe they will come through when they get a chance to look at your inquiry.

We can usually plug the drone into a computer via USB cable and download photos / video, so I guess this may be the case.
You should be able to read files on the micro SD with it plugged in, not sure about mac devices, when you open up a folder like 'my computer' on the mac, does it show the drone listed as a device in the system ?
If so, you might be able to open that, find the folders inside ?

Some owners put a folder on the micro SD with their info, not a lot, but some figure why not.
The mini doesn't require registration with FAA, and in that process afix a registration number / label to the drone, but again many wise pilots at least put a label with their info somewhere on the drone, usually under (or in the minis case) inside the battery compartment.

Not sure how the mini charges, but could well do so like you found, but maintenance things like the DJI Assistant functions are accessed like this too.

Thanks for pursuing this for the owner, hopefully it can have a good ending.
It would hurt to lose such an investment, even the lower cost mini.

Yes you can use a iMac to pull photos from the drone or use a card reader inserted into a USB port on your iMac .

Yes you can use a iMac to pull photos from the drone or use a card reader inserted into a USB port on your iMac .
I use a card reader with my iMac. The SD card will be in a slot on the right side of the drone. Open the soft door. You’ll see the card. It’s spring loaded, so you have to push in and release .... it will pop most of the way out. The photos and videos will be in a subfolder on the card so you’ll need to click once or twice. Once you see the dated photo and videos just select all and drag them to a folder you created for them.

Reactions: dirkclod
I would have left a note in the spot I found it, just in case the owner was tracking it down. Seems like it was in working condition and should have been located with find my drone.

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
To all you folks on the forum reading this thread.... this is why my phone number is on the outside of my drone and labeled as such.
Mine has my name, and phone number in permanent marker on the side. On the other side, it says if recovered I will pay a $100 reward for its return.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121