DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Found Mavic Pro in Chesapeake, VA

First off, Welcome.
Secondly, thank you for trying to find the rightful owner [emoji106].
You’re probably not going to get any information from DJI.
Hopefully, the owner sees this thread and you can return it home. I’d be ecstatic if I lost a drone and someone was honest enough plus took their time to post it on a forum.
I put my phone # on mine in case of an unfortunate runaway.
Good Luck [emoji256]

Phone number would have been a good idea.

I watched the video and have video of the pilot and his backyard. It also contained video of the area where I found it.

Weird part is the date stamp on the video is 12/30/17. I wonder if it got caught up in a tree and the recent Nor'easter blew it down last night. Drone looks to be in really good shape with just one blade broken off.

Looks like the owner got it for Christmas from the video on the card. Feel really bad for the guy.

Reactions: Kvark
DJI has the registered owners information. One is required to register with thier servers before the first flight. When you say you sent Mavic and email. What exactly do you mean by that?

Phone number would have been a good idea.

I watched the video and have video of the pilot and his backyard. It also contained video of the area where I found it.

Weird part is the date stamp on the video is 12/30/17. I wonder if it got caught up in a tree and the recent Nor'easter blew it down last night. Drone looks to be in really good shape with just one blade broken off.

Looks like the owner got it for Christmas from the video on the card. Feel really bad for the guy.

Is there any metadata you can retrieve from the video or pictures? I’ve located places through that info[emoji6]

DJI has the registered owners information. One is required to register with thier servers before the first flight. When you say you sent Mavic and email. What exactly do you mean by that?

I thought that they don’t or couldn’t give out that info, or don’t bother with lost drones?

Used the contact us link on their web site and told them I found a drone.

Is there any metadata you can retrieve from the video or pictures? I’ve located places through that info[emoji6]

I know a couple of the pics were taken Christmas Day and the "Last Flight" video was 12/30, sad......

Not sure what else I could glean from the pics?

Chances are that there were photos taken at the guy's house or around the yard. If so, there will be EXIF data attached to the photos which contains coordinates of the photo's location. If the guy didn't care enough to put any contact information on it I wouldn't waste too much of my time looking for him.

Chances are that there were photos taken at the guy's house or around the yard. If so, there will be EXIF data attached to the photos which contains coordinates of the photo's location. If the guy didn't care enough to put any contact information on it I wouldn't waste too much of my time looking for him.

This is getting interesting. EXIF data from pictures taken on 12/25 are at a house in NJ. Video was taken on 12/30 (no pics though) and I can't seem to get the same GPS data from the video but I'm still looking for a way. I'm on a MAC if anyone has any suggestions.

Looks like drone was opened on Christmas in NJ then brought home and used/ lost on 12/30 in VA.

I really want to find the owner!

Reactions: DPL
You can retrieve the internal DAT flight logs like this. Maybe grab the GPS coordinates from the oldest flight log. That'll most likely lead you to the owner's location.

Well I just wrote a letter about finding the drone and am mailing it to the address I found from the EXIF data on the pics from NJ. They'll either know the owner or not. If not, I can say I did due diligence in trying to find them.

Reactions: HVYMTL and Kvark
Yeah take a picture with the owner and his recovered Mavic Pro! It sounds like a fun mystery to solve!

Slightly off topic I know but I have to say this.

When I first joined the forum, I read a thread about a guy flying his MP and some dork threw his bird into the sea. I felt like I had embarked on a hobby that was going to bring nothing but pain and misery if that was anything to go by.

Today I have read about zaceshighz and his epic thriller with the cargo ship crash, and the amazing lengths that total strangers went to in helping out.

And now Roger123 is ultimately determined to re-unite a lost mavic (Likely a Christmas gift), with its owner.

Hats off to the good guys. My faith is restored.

We have to stick together as there are some many preconceptions and adverse media attention it tends to give drone enthusiasts a bad name. Case in point. I told my neighbor that I was going to plan a trip to Hawaii to get some great drone footage. He lived in Maui for a number of years and replied - "you cant fly drones there". "My A Double S" and had to laugh at the severe lack of knowledge.

You can retrieve the internal DAT flight logs like this. Maybe grab the GPS coordinates from the oldest flight log. That'll most likely lead you to the owner's location.

Looks like I can't do this as the drone battery has to be at least 50%.

Oh well, letter was put in mail today, hopefully I'll hear something this week. I asked them to also let me know if they have no idea what I'm talking about so I know if I'm barking up the wrong tree.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus