DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Found Mavic Pro - Yosemite National Park

jah

Reactions
Hello
I found a Mavic Pro in Yosemite National Park back in March 2018. It was pretty banged up and in a number of pieces when I discovered it in some bushes between trees next to the Merced River by the Information Center Parking lot. I tried to let the rangers know but it seems their website was only for those looking for something lost and not vice versa. I was in the area for a couple of hours photographing Half Dome and thought I would see someone looking for their lost equipment, but nobody showed up. Honestly I had no idea how expensive these items were until recently, and it was not clear to me how I may repatriate the drone with its owners. I took another look at the equipment today and found the qsr codes I scanned with my smartphone and it led me to this web site, and after a little more searching I found this forum. I checked all the postings since I found the equipment and no one has posted a lost notice so not sure if they are still looking. I will try reading the mini sd card for any clues as noted on other threads, and maybe try to register it, as also suggested, to get this item back to its rightful owners.

So I just tried to register the drone with the FAADroneZone but bailed as they wanted $5, I was hoping once the serial number was posted something would trigger a response, but nothing happened.

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
Is there any video footage on the SD card? It might contain a picture of the owner. It also contains the GPS coordinates where the drone was launched from, which may provide a clue.

LOL! All the debate abut flying in NP's not hurting anything, yet a drone carcass is found near a parking lot, crashed hard.
Glad it didnt hit someone.

LOL! All the debate abut flying in NP's not hurting anything, yet a drone carcass is found near a parking lot, crashed hard.
Glad it didnt hit someone.

See #147
Just goes to show ya how much you read my post .
Jb0W0fA.gif

Is there any video footage on the SD card? It might contain a picture of the owner. It also contains the GPS coordinates where the drone was launched from, which may provide a clue.

Acknowledged, that is my next step, unfortunately my card readers do not have a slot for the tiny SD card in the equipment.

OK I had to buy a mini SD card adapter to download the video's from the lost Mavic Pro. It had video of the Savshanti Lake Resort in I assume Saputara, Gujarat, India. That was the data that showed up on my Mac in the Photo app I assume it read from GPS data associated with the video file. The last clip looks like Yosemite NP close to where I found it. There are images of some East Indian folk but no other identifying details that I can find. Hopefully they will find this forum and thread as there is not much else I can do unless there are other suggestions.

Reactions: UAVNV
jah, you're a good person for digging so hard to find the owner. Based on the GPS and video, likely a visitor from abroad.
We all wish you good luck, and thank you!

another poor ol mav sacrificed to the flyaway gods,,, good on ya for tryin to locaate the owner, he/she may have had refresh and if they had the damaged bird in hand may get a replacement,

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrose