DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Found Mavic Pro

Fisk004

Reactions
Hey all,

Backstory: my in-laws found a Mavic Pro, and reached out to DJI with serial and FAA numbers (a couple times). They never heard anything back (about a year ago). They were cleaning the garage and re-found it, and wondered if I wanted it. I said of course and they mailed it to me. It just arrived and looks to be in decent shape.

I'd love to get it back in the air, any help/advice would be appreciated. The battery is completely dead, the right front prop is broken (looks like they twist off). The camera gimbal is just dangling, but appears to be in good shape. I obviously don't have a controller either.

I'm located in Rochester, NY - so If anyone has a spare battery to test with that would be cool.

I don't mind buying a new battery, controller, props, etc. But would like to see if this thing powers on first.

Thanks,
Fred

we can inspect it for free if youd like

if you want to do yourself you will need

1.remote
2. battery
3. charger
4.props

you can buy em on ebay used but will set you back a few hundred. Now once you power it up next thing is does it work? are there any errors within the app ect

Assuming you go ahead and invest in the parts, only to find out the gimbal is busted than you will be pot committed and need to lay out an additional $300. So if you'd like to play it safe send it in (free shipping both ways & free inspection) we will diagnose and test and you can make a more educated decision on the remote battery charger and the repair if necessary. If you decline and decide its not worth it we than would just send it back to you

Hey all,

Backstory: my in-laws found a Mavic Pro, and reached out to DJI with serial and FAA numbers (a couple times). They never heard anything back (about a year ago). They were cleaning the garage and re-found it, and wondered if I wanted it. I said of course and they mailed it to me. It just arrived and looks to be in decent shape.

I'd love to get it back in the air, any help/advice would be appreciated. The battery is completely dead, the right front prop is broken (looks like they twist off). The camera gimbal is just dangling, but appears to be in good shape. I obviously don't have a controller either.

I'm located in Rochester, NY - so If anyone has a spare battery to test with that would be cool.

I don't mind buying a new battery, controller, props, etc. But would like to see if this thing powers on first.

Thanks,
Fred
DDS's offer is very generous. Keep in mind that you can buy a very nice complete MP1 kit, many times with extras included, for $500-600 on this forum in the classified section, so I wouldn't personally spend too much on a busted AC that may never work properly.

It amazes me that people don't put their phone numbers on these things. I wonder if it's some kind of nutty privacy concern.

Reactions: moosedrooln
I obviously don't have a controller either.

Thanks,
Fred
Just thought I'd mention you don't need a remote to use the Mavic Pro. ;)

EDIT: When you do get a battery in it, set the switch on the side to "WiFi", power it on (short-press then long-press on the battery button), and hook up to the wifi network with your phone or tablet.

Have Fun!

Last edited:
Reactions: Bill combs
Just thought I'd mention you don't need a remote to use the Mavic Pro. ;)

EDIT: When you do get a battery in it, set the switch on the side to "WiFi", power it on (short-press then long-press on the battery button), and hook up to the wifi network with your phone or tablet.

Have Fun!

Thanks @Nile Mcmillion I picked up a battery and a new set of props today. Switched it to wifi and turned it on like you said. The props moved slightly and all the lights worked. I connected my phone to the wifi and launched the app. I could immediately see out the camera view (it said something like "Gimbal overload" on the screen, but i could still see). I then hit the up arrow and it asked if I was sure I wanted to fly... I was... haha. She flew up about 3 feet and hovered nicely. I then hit the down arrow and it landed... Really excited now. I downloaded the manual because i realized I have no idea how to fly this thing...

The battery is down to the second LED, so I am going to order a battery charger now. I also am going to look for a controller.

Would you use the old battery or should I dispose of it? (the back side felt a little squishy/puffy, so i feel like i shouldn't mess with it)

Also any advice on the gimbal overload error?

Thanks,
Fred

Reactions: DDS
try downloading the dji assistant 2 on your desktop, connect your drone via micro usb and calibrate the gimbal also upgrade the firmware. Sometimes will do the trick

BTW is there an sd card installed, maybe you can pull video of the crash

Get a new batt that one is bad..I have a OEM charger if you still need one.

Get a new batt that one is bad..I have a OEM charger if you still need one.
Thanks I picked up a new battery, I'll get rid of the old one. I bought a multi port charger (for when I get some more batteries). I also picked up a controller and flew today with it. felt way better than using the "virtual" sticks on the app. Just need to fix the gimbal ribbon cable and she'll be good as new! Thanks for the offer tho!

Awesome!!! The Mavic Pro really is a fantastic Air Craft..Have fun be safe.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gottawonder