DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Found mavic

dougsmule18

Reactions
Hey guys,. I found a complete drone case and all the goodies inside in northern Minnesota last weekend snowmobiling. How would I find the owner, it has the faa #. I called the local sheriff and haven't heard anything back yet. Any ideas?

Reactions: Kvark
I have no instructions for you but want to thank you for being honest. It helps to restore my faith in humanity.

Reactions: Huge Bama Fan
Hey guys,. I found a complete drone case and all the goodies inside in northern Minnesota last weekend snowmobiling. How would I find the owner, it has the faa #. I called the local sheriff and haven't heard anything back yet. Any ideas?
“How would I find the owner”
Perhaps within about 10m of where you found the case, how deep was the snow? :)
But seriously, thanks for your honesty, hopefully someone on here will know a procedureThumbswayup

Contact me on here if you don't find the rightful owner within what you feel is a reasonable time. I will gladly pay my standard $100 reward and reimburse you for shipping charges before you send it to me.:):D:rolleyes: Thanks

To quote the FAA on the need/use of the registration.... the difficulty is not in obtaining the drone, it's matching it to it's owner. Good thing we all had to register our drones so that the FAA can easily match them up to their owners.

It was around 4 months ago that someone posted here that no one would use this forum in an attempt find the owner of a lost drone. Since that time, I've seen two people do exactly that.

Kudos to you OP for taking the time to sign up here and go out of your way to try to find the owner.

To those that take the time to add their FAA number but no phone number on your drones... you don't deserve to get your drone back. Not being mean, just being honest.

Thanks guys! The owner called today. Contacted thru the sherrifs Dept. I liked it so much I'm going to buy my own. Is mavic better than the phantom 4 pro?
Well done to you sir for your honesty.
The differences between the two RPA's you've asked about is camera, the P$ has a 20 mp camera, the Mavic a 12mp.
The huge benefit for the Mavic is its portability.

I've seen some of these 'drone found' posts before. I don't understand why people don't put a phone number on their aircraft. It takes less than a minute. It should be the first thing you do.

"Curses! Foiled again." Snidely Whiplash of Dudley Do-Right of the Mounties

Ha lol,. Rest easy you weren't gonna get it for a $100. This is a $1200 combo kit plus three go pro batteries and charger:)

Reactions: BD0G

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore