DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FOUND (WAS: Used Mini/Mini-1)

Chaosrider

Reactions
What could I reasonably expect to pay for a used Mini/Mini-1? Not the Fly More Combo, just the drone, the battery, the controller, and anything else that came standard with it. Everything needs to work, but a few scuff marks or other cosmetic issues aren't a problem. No unrepaired mechanical damage or electrical defects.

What would be a reasonable price for that? I've given up the idea of getting a new Mini SE, but I think a used Mini-1 would be excellent for what I want to do.

Thx!

TCS

What could I reasonably expect to pay for a used Mini/Mini-1? Not the Fly More Combo, just the drone, the battery, the controller, and anything else that came standard with it. Everything needs to work, but a few scuff marks or other cosmetic issues aren't a problem. No unrepaired mechanical damage or electrical defects.

What would be a reasonable price for that? I've given up the idea of getting a new Mini SE, but I think a used Mini-1 would be excellent for what I want to do.

Thx!

TCS
I would say maybe around 190-230$
You can look at recent eBay listings and see how much there selling for.
Also maybe you would be interested in buying from the Dji refurbished store. I bought my Mini from there.

Last edited:
I think a used Mini-1 would be excellent for what I want to do.
What is it you want to accomplish?..... I think you have said you have three Mini 2. They do everything the Mini and Mini SE does and more.

The only thing that distinguished the Mini 1 up to now was the ability to use it with Litchi but now as long as you are using an android tablet or phone even that can be done.

Reactions: PeterPatrick
I would say maybe around 190-230$
That would be a reasonable price.

However, I went to the DJI Refurb page that you suggested (thanks for that!), and they had a refurb Mini listed for $319.

Say what, turkeys?

Who would ever buy that, when they could get a new Mini SE for $300?

The used drone market is starting to look disorganized and embryonic, at best.

We need a Blue Book for used DJI drones!

Thx,

TCS

What is it you want to accomplish?..... I think you have said you have three Mini 2. They do everything the Mini and Mini SE does and more.

The only thing that distinguished the Mini 1 up to now was the ability to use it with Litchi but now as long as you are using an android tablet or phone even that can be done.
I'm building a drone lending library so that people who either can't afford to take the new plunge, or prefer not to, can check out some options. I've got drones at the dirt cheap level, the $100 level, and the $200 level. And the Mini-2s at the $450 level. I'm looking for something to fill the $300 level slot. I've defined the levels as referring to price-when-new. If I can get a used Mini-1 for $200, so much the better.

It's going to be loaner, part of the library, not a drone for my personal use.

The drone I really want for me personally is the FPV. I'll get there eventually.

Thx,

TCS

I'm building a drone lending library so that people who either can't afford to take the new plunge, or prefer not to, can check out some options. I've got drones at the dirt cheap level, the $100 level, and the $200 level. And the Mini-2s at the $450 level. I'm looking for something to fill the $300 level slot. I've defined the levels as referring to price-when-new. If I can get a used Mini-1 for $200, so much the better.

It's going to be loaner, part of the library, not a drone for my personal use.

The drone I really want for me personally is the FPV. I'll get there eventually.

Thx,

TCS
The best I have seen was 185 for a mini se plus shipping ebay. Witch was 25 for shipping.
The prices can be crazy . You can also fall into a scam for some have more things more wrong with them. It can be a gamble.So a little more for a good drone might be a good idea.

Last edited:

Thx!

TCS

Look on ebay and use the "sold" filter to show actual sales.

The best I have seen was 185 for a mini se plus shipping ebay. Witch was 25 for shipping.
The prices can be crazy . You can also fall into a scam for some have more things more wrong with them. It can be a gamble.So a little more for a good drone might be a good idea.
A Mini-1, or a Mini-SE?

As long as the specs and the add look good, and I can use PayPal for insurance, that strikes me as an acceptable risk.

I've now put this decision on auto-pilot (RTH?). There's something aesthetically appealing about adding a Mini-1 to the line-up, sort of a natural fit. If I can find what I'm looking for by March 1st, I'll buy it.

If not, I'll bite the bullet and get a new SE.

Thx,

TCS

Look on ebay and use the "sold" filter to show actual sales.
I may do that over the weekend. But I'm inclined to just look at anything that looks like the deal I want...not more than $200 for a Mini-1 with controller and one battery...and check out those listings in more detail.

Thx,

TCS

A Mini-1, or a Mini-SE?

As long as the specs and the add look good, and I can use PayPal for insurance, that strikes me as an acceptable risk.

I've now put this decision on auto-pilot (RTH?). There's something aesthetically appealing about adding a Mini-1 to the line-up, sort of a natural fit. If I can find what I'm looking for by March 1st, I'll buy it.

If not, I'll bite the bullet and get a new SE.

Thx,

TCS
There are some mini se on ebay.
I would get one of those better in the wind. Running around 250
Seen some mini 2 also

There are some mini se on ebay.
I would get one of those better in the wind. Running around 250
Seen some mini 2 also
I already have three Mini-2s, so I don't need another one of those.

If I'm going to get a Mini-SE, I'll pop for the extra 50 bucks to get a new one.

A Mini-1 for not more than $200 is my current quest!

Thx,

TCS

No problem just read seller reviews . I hope you find what you're looking for.
And therein lies a tale...

The Tectonic Events did indeed help me to sort out the Tectonic Shift in my drone plans...

I hate poverty. I hate facing reality. But sadly, it's occasionally necessary.

I don't have nearly enough money to get all of the drones and drone stuff that I want.

If I come across a Mini-1 with a battery, and a method to charge it, for not more than $175, I'll buy it.

If I can't, getting a new Mini-SE is now off the table. Any "excess" money that I have for drones will now go into the savings account that I just created for my "FPV Fund", which I initialized with $300.

At $25/mo auto deposit, it will take a long time, but if I start seriously feeling the itch, I'll just put a little more in that account.

As long as there's less than $1000 in that account, I'll just wait. But once I get to $1000, I'll probably plop down for the basic Combo and start my training, getting the other components as money permits.

The Little Red Devil on my left shoulder yelling "Just do it!" hasn't won yet, but he took a step closer to victory. The Angel on my right shoulder is just shaking her head...

;-)

TCS

Reactions: NG Wildman
And therein lies a tale...

The Tectonic Events did indeed help me to sort out the Tectonic Shift in my drone plans...

I hate poverty. I hate facing reality. But sadly, it's occasionally necessary.

I don't have nearly enough money to get all of the drones and drone stuff that I want.

If I come across a Mini-1 with a battery, and a method to charge it, for not more than $175, I'll buy it.

If I can't, getting a new Mini-SE is now off the table. Any "excess" money that I have for drones will now go into the savings account that I just created for my "FPV Fund", which I initialized with $300.

At $25/mo auto deposit, it will take a long time, but if I start seriously feeling the itch, I'll just put a little more in that account.

As long as there's less than $1000 in that account, I'll just wait. But once I get to $1000, I'll probably plop down for the basic Combo and start my training, getting the other components as money permits.

The Little Red Devil on my left shoulder yelling "Just do it!" hasn't won yet, but he took a step closer to victory. The Angel on my right shoulder is just shaking her head...

;-)

TCS
I think this is all a really great idea. You will LOVE the FPV too. Good luck with all of it.

Thx!

TCS
I have a used Mini 1 setup (Flymore Combo) I'd be willing to part with for around $220-230 shipped ... Let me know

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy