DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Foxtail inside body of Mavic Pro

jrosenberg

Reactions
I was flying my Mavic Pro in some fields and a foxtail (a spikelet or cluster of a grass, that serves to disperse its seeds as a unit; a number of types of grasses produce foxtails, which are usually only a problem if they get inside the ear of a dog, which happened to mine) was stuck in a crack in the leg near the body. Unfortunately when I tried to pull it out I pushed it into the body. I have watched the video of how to remove the top (
). It it looks tedious at best but doable for me with another person to assist. Has anyone ever gotten a small plant part inside their drone, and have any idea what harm it could cause, and have you removed it?
I need it to soon on a video trek to 18,000 feet altitude, and will try to take video along the way as long as the weather permits, possibly in places where retrieval away from "home" will be impossible. DJI assigns a maximum altitude ability (service ceiling) of 16,000 feet, but that doesn't mean it can't lift off and maneuver at higher altitudes. I haven't seen documented flights above Wolfgang Stiller's of over 14,000 feet (Mavic over summit of Mt. Sheridan (above 14,000 ft msl), Mavic over frozen Kite Lake and Mt. Lincoln (14,238 ft)) in Colorado.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada