DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FPS and Quickshots = Pain in the ***!

djiboi

Reactions
So, living in a PAL region, I record everything in 25fps. The trouble with this is that quickshots record in 30fps and look a little choppy when dragged onto a 25fps timeline in premier pro.

Anyone have a sensible workaround?

Yep, I have the same issue with my MAVIC AIR.... it’s a royal pain..... and what’s more is that it remains in 30fps when you go back to shooting normally again - that’s caught me out a few times now.

Last edited:
Depending on your video editing software, you can always play back the 30fps @ 25fps ~ as opposed to crunching down the 30fps to 25. Each second that passes would leave you with five frames that simply get pushed into the next second...etc. This would slow it down a bit, but would get rid of the choppiness when rendering.

Reactions: Kilrah
Yes, you’re right I can probably interpret it in Prem Pro and AFX as a 30fps clip... but I woukd prefer to be able to shoot at the correct speed. Hopefully DJI will fix this in a future firmware release.... but as it’s not considered as a ‘pro’ model, I guess they may not.

Depending on your video editing software, you can always play back the 30fps @ 25fps ~ as opposed to crunching down the 30fps to 25. Each second that passes would leave you with five frames that simply get pushed into the next second...etc. This would slow it down a bit, but would get rid of the choppiness when rendering.
I think the worst part is that it remains in 30fps even when you come out of Qickshot mode again.

Reactions: Qoncussion
I think the worst part is that it remains in 30fps even when you come out of Qickshot mode again.

That I didn't realise until now. Is there any logical reason to force 30fps as apposed to 25?

So, living in a PAL region, I record everything in 25fps. The trouble with this is that quickshots record in 30fps and look a little choppy when dragged onto a 25fps timeline in premier pro.

Other members have written that the world is now one and there is no need for Pal NTSC. I live in Aus and record in NTSC 4k 3840 30 fps (all the time) and no problems with adding to software incl Studio 15, Davinci, Movie Maker etc. Then can make a movie to put on Faceboo,computer or TV

It's more to do with what looks natural. 25fps seems more natural to a European than 30fps.

Other members have written that the world is now one and there is no need for Pal NTSC. I live in Aus and record in NTSC 4k 3840 30 fps (all the time) and no problems with adding to software incl Studio 15, Davinci, Movie Maker etc. Then can make a movie to put on Faceboo,computer or TV
That is unless you work in TV here in the UK...... and 25 fps is very much the standard. It's no longer to do with PAL/ NTSC but it is to do with the frame rate and the UK still use 25fps. Film standard is of course 24fps, so if you are going to do something that will eventually end up on or in a film, you must shoot 24 fps.
One can easily make a movie in 30fps if that is the only format of source material you are using, but you cannot mix frame rates in one timeline without either adjusting the actual speed of that clip (interpreting it) or by dropping frames and having stutter.

Other members have written that the world is now one and there is no need for Pal NTSC.
It is and isn't... Yes I also prefer to shoot 30 and anyone can play that, but then I might lose opportunities of licensing clips to buyers in my region because they aren't going to want to deal with mixing it into their productions that are all 25fps.

For hobby purposes you can do whatever, but as soon as you want to actually do something with what you shot you have to care about that.

It is and isn't... Yes I also prefer to shoot 30 and anyone can play that, but then I might lose opportunities of licensing clips to buyers in my region because they aren't going to want to deal with mixing it into their productions that are all 25fps.

For hobby purposes you can do whatever, but as soon as you want to actually do something with what you shot you have to care about that.
Agreed. Hopefully DJI will address this in a future firmware update.

Sorry, am I missing something here.... I recorded a dronie today and it is PAL 25fps?

Hmmm, it also seems intelligent flight modes such as active track - switch exposure to auto?

Hi your post is old - I’m hoping your still active on this blog also wondering if the fps issue you were dealing with has been sorted. I have a Mavic2 there are no PAL frame rates, also I’ve found that using active track the recoded video clip recods at 30 fps even though I set the speed at 60 fps.

That is what I think happened. Thus a slomo pan past a model / subject in active track is not possible

Any comments greatly appreciated

D

Yes, that's what I thought...... unless they've already updated the firmware.

Hi your post is old - I’m hoping your still active on this blog also wondering if the fps issue you were dealing with has been sorted. I have a Mavic2 there are no PAL frame rates, also I’ve found that using active track the recoded video clip recods at 30 fps even though I set the speed at 60 fps.

That is what I think happened. Thus a slomo pan past a model / subject in active track is not possible

Any comments greatly appreciated

D

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3