DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FPV Goggles, Litchi and new firmware

Dgaskin

Reactions
With the new DJI firmware limiting the altitude etc on the Mavic if not connected to the DJI Go app, how could you use a cheap pair of FPV goggles with the Litchi app. Would you always be limited or is there a work around of some sort?

just de install goapp4 and just use litchi as litchi won't work for me with goapp installed

From what I understand, and how it worked yesterday for me with DronePan and Hangar360 is this - once you have turned on the Mavic and run GO4 you can then close it and run other control apps with no restrictions.

It would seem that until you physically turn off the Mavic (i.e change batteries) then the sign-in on GO4 is 'remembered'.

Hope this helps

Thanks Coullit and Milkmanchris for your replies. I understand the logging into Go4 first and then closing and opening the other app. I think this will be ok if I use an IOS device but as Coullit says the Litchi app won't work with the Go4 installed on Android. No worries I'll just use my iPhone and see how it goes.

Once Litchi gets updated it will also unlock without needing to launch GO4.

GO4 and Litchi work great together on android, people who say they don't have either set one as default and forgot about it/don't know how to clear default, not enabled the setting to allow choosing the default app, or have one of the few rare devices that don't give you a choice.

Reactions: Dgaskin
Any app using the DJI SDK will overcome the limitations, you don't need to run the GO app first, just start Litchi and enjoy.

Reactions: Dgaskin
Updated mavic to latest firmware. Now problems using Litchi, be careful. Setup 29 waypoint mission, speeds were all set to cruising, but speed was all over the place sometimes slowing to 3 mph (cruise was set to 24 mph). Also Last waypoint set to pause 10 seconds then reverse waypoints but Mavic just stayed there hovering. Did not reverse mission as set in Litchi. Fortunately had radio link and was able to go to Sport Mode, cancelling mission and flew back at steady 35 mph no problem.

Seems DJI is attacking Litchi as some functions like Head Tracking are gone with the new update. Still, I am running 7.0 Nougat with Litchi, Nvidia K1 and Avegant Glyph Goggles, and all appears good with no need to revert back to previous versions. I am going to be careful of any updates in the future however.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54