DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FPV Goggles question

Mavic49120

Reactions
New to the forum and soon to be new Mavic 2 Pro owner (current phantom owner). Does anyone have knowledge about or experience with the FPV goggles that come with some of the bundles offered for sale? Are they adequate or 'not worth consideration when looking at the different bundle options? I have seen mixed responses about the FPV goggles that can be purchased individually (outside of bundle) that look more robust than the bundle versions, whether they are compatible with the Mavic 2 Pro or not. Anyone know if they are? Thanks for any help.

I just type a heap out and lost it when I went to find this post.

Have a read.

Quick question about the DJI Goggles............

New to the forum and soon to be new Mavic 2 Pro owner (current phantom owner). Does anyone have knowledge about or experience with the FPV goggles that come with some of the bundles offered for sale? Are they adequate or 'not worth consideration when looking at the different bundle options? I have seen mixed responses about the FPV goggles that can be purchased individually (outside of bundle) that look more robust than the bundle versions, whether they are compatible with the Mavic 2 Pro or not. Anyone know if they are? Thanks for any help.
The DJI Goggles and DJI Goggles RE are compatible. The DJI FPV Goggles are not.

The white DJI Goggles use 2.4Ghz only and the black and red RE edition can use both 2.4 and 5.8 GHz signals.

Many people report the white DJI Goggles work just as well as the black and red RE edition on the Mavic 2. The all black FPV goggles that kinda look like they were made for a Batman costume do NOT work with the Mavic 2.

From DJI FAQ:

1. In addition to the 2.4GHz digital transmission band, the new DJI Goggles RE also supports the 5.8GHz band, which can avoid the usual interference on the more crowded 2.4GHz.

2. DJI Goggles RE has redesigned the internal linear polarized omnidirectional antennas and added new external Pagoda antenna, a 5.8GHz single-frequency omnidirectional left hand circularly polarized (LHCP) antenna.

3. DJI Goggles RE has restructured the radio communication strategy and video decoding algorithm to lower transmission latency to 50 ms* (with wireless transmission latency of less than 10 ms), ensuring smooth and reliable video transmission and avoiding video lag and disconnection from the digital video transmission system when operating in a normal environment.

4. DJI Goggles RE supports analog transmission at any integer frequency between 5.650~5.925 GHz and analog video storage on a Micro SD card.

5. DJI Goggles RE can store digital video on a Micro SD card.

6. DJI Goggles RE supports local video playback and Sphere pano viewing, allowing users to turn their head to get a 360° view of the Sphere pano.

7. The facial pad has been redesigned and the headband has used new replaceable leather materials to make it even more comfortable to wear.

I bought the RE goggles mainly for their analog capability. Big stabilized drones like the Mavic or Phantom are going to face increasing pressure from the FAA, and even from DJI itself as they increasingly hobble their drones in order to bend over for the FAA. I’m moving to the smaller cinema drones, most of which broadcast analog. The white goggles won’t work on analog while the RE goggles will. Building my own drones, which is an interesting hobby in itself, allows me to choose the hardware and software that my drones have.

Reactions: hashfly
The DJI Goggles and DJI Goggles RE are compatible. The DJI FPV Goggles are not.

The white DJI Goggles use 2.4Ghz only and the black and red RE edition can use both 2.4 and 5.8 GHz signals.

Many people report the white DJI Goggles work just as well as the black and red RE edition on the Mavic 2. The all black FPV goggles that kinda look like they were made for a Batman costume do NOT work with the Mavic 2.

Oh yeah, didn’t think the OP was referring to the actual FPV goggles (pic below), as I automatically thought if they came with any DJI aircraft (package) they’d be white or RE.

IMG_5254.JPG

Are you talking a bundle like this if so there really not FPV goggles you would put your phone in he front that slidesout DJI Mavic 2 Pro Drone Quadcopter with Hasselblad Camera and 1-inch CMOS Sensor Bundle with Drone Landing Pad, 32GB Memory Card, Backpack, VR View

Attachments

• 71+gl3n9tWL._AC_SL1400_.jpg
    71+gl3n9tWL._AC_SL1400_.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 11
Are you talking a bundle like this if so there really not FPV goggles you would put your phone in he front that slidesout DJI Mavic 2 Pro Drone Quadcopter with Hasselblad Camera and 1-inch CMOS Sensor Bundle with Drone Landing Pad, 32GB Memory Card, Backpack, VR View
Years ago, Litchi had a VR button that would let you slide your phone into a holder like that and you could fly FPV (still do, I think). I used to use that occasionally with my Phantom 4. It was actual FPV, but the resolution was bad and there was latency that was noticeable and intrusive even on a turtle like the P4. Not a particularly great experience. The DJI RE goggles, OTOH, are really excellent in terms of resolution, and the latency is pretty good when used on Occusync with my Mavic 2. On analog however, the latency is worse, and can be problematic on these fast little quads in some of the more challenging racing/freestyle drone situations. I'm not good enough for it to be that much of a bother, but I can see how it would be a problem for more advanced flyers. If I stick with it, I may have to move up to a set of Fat Sharks and keep the RE's for flying the Mavic 2, for as long as those DJI drones stay reasonable to fly before the FAA (and DJI) renders Mavics and Phantoms useless.

From DJI FAQ:

I bought the RE goggles mainly for their analog capability. Big stabilized drones like the Mavic or Phantom are going to face increasing pressure from the FAA, and even from DJI itself as they increasingly hobble their drones in order to bend over for the FAA. I’m moving to the smaller cinema drones, most of which broadcast analog. The white goggles won’t work on analog while the RE goggles will. Building my own drones, which is an interesting hobby in itself, allows me to choose the hardware and software that my drones have.
Well this remote ID thing seems to be coming after analog home built quads rather than the Mavics don’t you think? Mavic already has remote ID and as far as I know there’s no easy way to just add on remote ID to an analog system.

Well this remote ID thing seems to be coming after analog home built quads rather than the Mavics don’t you think? Mavic already has remote ID and as far as I know there’s no easy way to just add on remote ID to an analog system.
??? The video transmitter doesn’t have anything to do with remote ID. If it ever comes to that, you’d just solder in a little Remote ID board, or maybe it will be optionally available as part of the flight controller for those pilots that wish to comply with Remote ID and incorporate it as part of their build. It’s one of the advantages of building your own quad....you can choose your components.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair