DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FPV has RUINED me...

Thats great , stay at it . Thumbswayup Thumbswayup

Nice Vid.

Reactions: rossmoney
Wow Ross your so good at this it's amazing!
You fly it so well that I Cringed when you dived down near the beach and seemed to pull out just inches above the sand. Then when I add in your mad editing and composition skills the video becomes mind blowing.

I want some free premier tickets to the first Hollywood movie you work on ?

Rob

Stunning vid, super flying, breathtaking scenery. The drop looking into the water at about 2:15 where you then flatten out at for an entirely different look for the water is exceptional artistry, in my view.

Am inspired by your work, flying, photography, and post production. I'm looking ever more seriously into evolving into this from my MP. Question- how much harder is it to fly a mini than an MP or MP2?

Many thanks for the vid!

Wow Ross your so good at this it's amazing!
You fly it so well that I Cringed when you dived down near the beach and seemed to pull out just inches above the sand. Then when I add in your mad editing and composition skills the video becomes mind blowing.

I want some free premier tickets to the first Hollywood movie you work on ?

Rob
dude I'll DEF keep you in mind if I ever "blow up" ;)

Stunning vid, super flying, breathtaking scenery. The drop looking into the water at about 2:15 where you then flatten out at for an entirely different look for the water is exceptional artistry, in my view.

Am inspired by your work, flying, photography, and post production. I'm looking ever more seriously into evolving into this from my MP. Question- how much harder is it to fly a mini than an MP or MP2?

Many thanks for the vid!
hey! I plan to make a video of how I got into this eventually...
it took about 20 hours of flight in the simulator before I bought my first micro quad
Then I bought a used quad (immersion RC Vortex 285) off a guy on craigslist and crashed the HECK out of it... then I bought this one and have spent many hours flying it.
THEN I bought the final quad that is listed in the video's description. (the XHOVER STINGY BNF)
and that thing has been the absolute Cadillac of the bunch.

Great vid and flying. I think my favorite part is at 2:30 down the hillside.

I know what you mean about FPV, I have only had the M2P in the air a few times this summer but the whoops get flown at least a few times a week. Hit the sim almost nightly.

Thanks for the vid...

Great vid and flying. I think my favorite part is at 2:30 down the hillside.

I know what you mean about FPV, I have only had the M2P in the air a few times this summer but the whoops get flown at least a few times a week. Hit the sim almost nightly.

Thanks for the vid...
totally! looks like your profile is the iFlight Cinebee? that was my first quad that got me into the hobby. it's incredibly crash proof :)

totally! looks like your profile is the iFlight Cinebee? that was my first quad that got me into the hobby. it's incredibly crash proof :)
CineBee it is... Im on my second set of hoops but thats after many, many crashes. Sometimes it will break a prop but thats rare now too. With winter coming I just ordered parts and built a 75mm whoop for inside. It only weighs 26 grams without the battery. I have even flown it outside in lower winds.

Stanley.png

Curious, which sim do you prefer?

I’m to chicken to attempt flying like that ?
Thats why I started with the sim and then small whoops. The sim really helped in both flying and confidence. The small whoops crash without incurring damage most of the time and if it is damaged it dosent cost much to fix (usually hot glue did the trick). With all the crashes up to this point with my CineBee, it has cost me less than twenty bucks for replacement parts. Also being small and lightweight they generally wont damage anything they hit and can be flown almost anywhere without disturbing anyone.
If you do try it out, get ready to be bit by the bug. They are so much more fun to fly than a gps quad which to me is more like telling the quad what to do versus actual flying.

Last edited:
What sim program do you recommend for an FPV newb with about 65 flights on a Mavic Pro?
I have Freerider Recharged and Velocidrone. I have done over 90 percent of the time in Freerider. For some reason it just feels better to me. It has a demo version that you can check out for free but it is a little sluggish on purpose. It is only 10 bucks to purchase which I think is quite fair. You can even create your own worlds to fly in.

Velocidrone has a bunch of quads to choose from and more scenery. Its about 17 bucks.

I would advise using a real rc controller with the sims as it really helps in building the muscle memory on the controller you will actually use while flying the real thing.

This is a clip of messing around in Freerider. You can see what four of the worlds look like.
I'm still a bit of a noob myself...

Last edited:
What sim program do you recommend for an FPV newb with about 65 flights on a Mavic Pro?
I flew all my time in Liftoff. It’s definitely racing centered which can really help improve hand eye reaction times and coordination.
It’s saved my quad IRL multiple times

Reactions: Hauptmann
I have Freerider Recharged and Velocidrone. I have done over 90 percent of the time in Freerider. For some reason it just feels better to me. It has a demo version that you can check out for free but it is a little sluggish on purpose. It is only 10 bucks to purchase which I think is quite fair. You can even create your own worlds to fly in.

Velocidrone has a bunch of quads to choose from and more scenery. Its about 17 bucks.

I would advise using a real rc controller with the sims as it really helps in building the muscle memory on the controller you will actually use while flying the real thing.

This is a clip of messing around in Freerider. You can see what four of the worlds look like.
I'm still a bit of a noob myself...
Do you know of any simulators that have moving objects? Like cars or any type of vehicles? I would love to practice chasing things before I actually do it in real life.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S