DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FPV, I’ve only gone and done it!

Joethedrone

Reactions
Well there you go, I’ve only gone and bought a DJI FPV and Fly More Kit i.e two extra batteries and charging hub. (she’s gonna kill me! and I don’t mean the Drone) Any tips on setup and first flight would be very much appreciated. Also, anyone suffered effects from using FPV goggles, like dizziness, nausea etc? DDB0455C-CF67-49F1-8F46-CCC6DD7673FB.jpeg6855D49D-FEAD-4789-BD39-9547038C8AE1.jpeg

With the drone hand held and the motors OFF I tried the goggles and rolled the drone to large angles of bank, it was most disconcerting, go easy at first, I do not know if one becomes accustomed to it.
I have only done one proper flight so far, no banking as such, just out and reverse or pirouette and fly back. I was a bit surprised, it seemed to drift a bit in side winds, more so than my Mavics ( I was flying line of sight). From memory the drift was noticable in sports mode and not so bad in normal mode, I am going NOWHERE NEAR manual mode for ages if at all.
GO SLOW, this thing climbs like a ROCKET and the controls are VERY sensitive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Joethedrone
With the drone hand held and the motors OFF I tried the goggles and rolled the drone to large angles of bank, it was most disconcerting, go easy at first, I do not know if one becomes accustomed to it.
I have only done one proper flight so far, no banking as such, just out and reverse or pirouette and fly back. I was a bit surprised, it seemed to drift a bit in side winds, more so than my Mavics ( I was flying line of sight). From memory the drift was noticable in sports mode and not so bad in normal mode, I am going NOWHERE NEAR manual mode for ages if at all.
GO SLOW, this thing climbs like a ROCKET and the controls are VERY sensitive.
Thanks for your input.

Well there you go, I’ve only gone and bought a DJI FPV and Fly More Kit i.e two extra batteries and charging hub. (she’s gonna kill me! and I don’t mean the Drone) Any tips on setup and first flight would be very much appreciated. Also, anyone suffered effects from using FPV goggles, like dizziness, nausea etc? View attachment 135033View attachment 135034
During my first flight with my DJI FPV, I was standing and found myself leaning and moving my head to follow the drone direction…that made me nauseous. I found by sitting and making a conscious effort to maintain a steady position for my head, I’ve been able to do any combination of manoeuvres (that my skill level will allow ?) with no feeling of dizziness or nausea.

Thanks for that, I am on with trying to activate but having issues with DJI Assistant 2 (FPV series) not being compatible with Mac OS.

Thanks for that, I am on with trying to activate but having issues with DJI Assistant 2 (FPV series) not being compatible with Mac OS.
You weren’t able to activate through a mobile device?
I used DJI assistant to make sure all firmware was up to date but was able to activate with my phone.

Well there you go, I’ve only gone and bought a DJI FPV and Fly More Kit i.e two extra batteries and charging hub. (she’s gonna kill me! and I don’t mean the Drone) Any tips on setup and first flight would be very much appreciated. Also, anyone suffered effects from using FPV goggles, like dizziness, nausea etc? View attachment 135033View attachment 135034
I would highly suggest you sit in a lawn chair when you fly. Especially when you start loops and rolls etc. (ps I do)

Really tempted to get one of these, have never tried FPV so the goggles are something I have never had a go with, like the idea of a full view of the drone flying but I can imagine me getting motion sick very easy.

Congrats, enjoy and just remember to take it slow in a wide open space first. I enjoy mine but have a few crashed under my belt and it was always surprise.

Congrats, enjoy and just remember to take it slow in a wide open space first. I enjoy mine but have a few crashed under my belt and it was always surprise.
I echo this. I crashed my DJI FPV into a post in, what I thought was, an open field. I got gutsy and decided to fly low and fast. Turned out there were white posts (it was winter and the field was covered in snow) around an old wellhead in the field. Was just beyond a rolling hill so I didn’t see it until it was too late. Tried to avoid at the last second but hit the post with the front left arm. Was definitely a lesson to do a more thorough site assessment before takeoff!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7