DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FPV racing drone

Rad85

Reactions
Hello everyone. Thanks for the add.
I have been flying dji drones (phantom and mavic) for a while but I decided I want to get into the racing drone world. I ordered myself the FrSky Taranis X9D plus SE transmitter with a battery after reading lots of positive reviews about it and I am thinking to get lift off simulator but not sure where to go from there. Do I need anything else to be able to use the simulator?
Also I would love to be able build my own quad. No idea where to start or what to choose. Watched YouTube videos but there are too many out there. Any help, tips would be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: Rad85
First off you might need a dongle to connect your transmitter to the PC when using Lift-Off

Thanks, just ordered one.

Rotor Riot and Joshua Bardwell. Watch those guys and you will find everything you could ever need to know. Rotor Riot also sells home build kits on their website and they have very in depth tutorials on YouTube for how to build them. I hope you enjoy FPV! I’m about to get back into it myself. Hope this helped.

—Noah

Also i have an old Eachine goggles, Would anyone know if that would work or should i invest into a new googles. Sorry about the dumb questions as i have no clue how goggles actually work or get the video feed from.

Also i have an old Eachine goggles, Would anyone know if that would work or should i invest into a new googles. Sorry about the dumb questions as i have no clue how goggles actually work or get the video feed from.

These should work, the software on them will search for the video feed transmission from the drone

I actually was looking at this and also at the Eachine Wizard X220 as I am still confused whether I should build a drone myself for the experience or just getting a prebuilt one. What do you guys think?

I would just buy a cheaper racing drone as you will be crashing it a lot at first, then build or buy a more performance one later

I've heard that the wizard is good and that the wizard is trash so you may be getting a good quad or a bad quad.

Hello everyone. Thanks for the add.
I have been flying dji drones (phantom and mavic) for a while but I decided I want to get into the racing drone world. I ordered myself the FrSky Taranis X9D plus SE transmitter with a battery after reading lots of positive reviews about it and I am thinking to get lift off simulator but not sure where to go from there. Do I need anything else to be able to use the simulator?
Also I would love to be able build my own quad. No idea where to start or what to choose. Watched YouTube videos but there are too many out there. Any help, tips would be appreciated. Thanks
Join our sister forum. You will learn a lot from just reading there
even if you don’t join. Drone Racing FPV Forum

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123