DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FPV - Visual Line of Sight

maxapeters

Reactions
I’m not an FPV pilot, never flown one, but I was curious about how when flying an FPV drone, you maintain visual line of sight. I’ve seen plenty of people flying FPV’s for commercial use. How do they comply with Part 107’s VLOS requirements if you’re wearing goggles? Even if you weren’t wearing goggles, it would be extremely difficult to spot a tiny FPV drone going 30+ mph.

I’m asking because it’s something I might get into this year.
Thanks!

I’m not an FPV pilot, never flown one, but I was curious about how when flying an FPV drone, you maintain visual line of sight. I’ve seen plenty of people flying FPV’s for commercial use. How do they comply with Part 107’s VLOS requirements if you’re wearing goggles?

A Spotter is allowed.
Visual line-of-sight (VLOS) only; the unmanned aircraft must remain within VLOS of the remote pilot in command and the person manipulating the flight controls of the small UAS. Alternatively, the unmanned aircraft must remain within VLOS of the visual observer.

A Spotter is allowed.
Visual line-of-sight (VLOS) only; the unmanned aircraft must remain within VLOS of the remote pilot in command and the person manipulating the flight controls of the small UAS. Alternatively, the unmanned aircraft must remain within VLOS of the visual observer.
What if you’re by yourself? Does this mean you can’t fly FPV by yourself?

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
What if you’re by yourself? Does this mean you can’t fly FPV by yourself?

Correct, and besides the like minded company and enjoying watching others fly FPV with full goggles, why you generally see most FPV vids on YouTube in small groups or with a friend.

Maybe look at the Movario glasses FPV edition if you don't think you can get hold of a VO for flights easily.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580