DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Free adobe editing

A.O.

Reactions
So I get an email from DJI today offering me a 3 month trial of adobe editing software, I'm thinking maybe I should try it so I read a little further nd it says 3 months from the day I activated my new MA2... that was 11/23/2020.. wow this gives me like 15 days worth.....

• Haha
Reactions: Alky1229 and Jay241
Talk about late reply.

Bwahahaha! Yeah, that's kind of a joke. I am actually in the process of switching over to Adobe Premier from Corel Video Studio Pro... bit of a learning curve for sure, but if you are going to to "professional" editing, I guess you could consider Adobe one of the "standards" in the industry... but all that really matters is the end product and how well a person likes it. There are a LOT of video editing programs out there...

Reactions: DOC LEMIEUX
One feature the Adobe Premier has is that amazing Auto Sync feature which was made for drone footage.
I recommend you steer away from the Monthly version and get the Retail version for about $150 which is what I have and it works great , also comes with Photoshop . I made this in about 5 minutes using the Auto Sync Feature with adobe Premiere .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain

One feature the Adobe Premier has is that amazing Auto Sync feature which was made for drone footage.
I recommend you steer away from the Monthly version and get the Retail version for about $150 which is what I have and it works great , also comes with Photoshop . I made this in about 5 minutes using the Auto Sync Feature with adobe Premiere .

Phantomrain.org
Thats nice but I'm not looking to spend a fortune on playing with my drone.

Is that $150 retail version good forever?

Cool video though!

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Thats nice but I'm not looking to spend a fortune on playing with my drone.

Is that $150 retail version good forever?
Yes the Windows version is a lifetime key that monthly can add up fast. that is why finding the retail version is well worth the money. Try the Monthly free version and if you like it , and learn it , than thats the way to go.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavics in the Rain/Snow

Reactions: hiflyer201 and A.O.
Yes the Windows version is a lifetime key that monthly can add up fast. that is why finding the retail version is well worth the money. Try the Monthly free version and if you like it , and learn it , than thats the way to go.

Phantomrain.org
Well I have about 14 days to try it...

Well I have about 14 days to try it...
Keep in mind that for it to be worth it to you its got to work easy.
Its drag and drop for the most part, and you want to be able to drag video to the time line and drag the time line thru without freezing. Start with 1080 Footage and than 2K and than 4K , you might find 4K is a bit to much but 2k would be the sweet spot.

Phantomrain.org

Reactions: hiflyer201 and A.O.
Keep in mind that for it to be worth it to you its got to work easy.
Its drag and drop for the most part, and you want to be able to drag video to the time line and drag the time line thru without freezing. Start with 1080 Footage and than 2K and than 4K , you might find 4K is a bit to much but 2k would be the sweet spot.

Phantomrain.org
Thanks Coal..

So I get an email from DJI today offering me a 3 month trial of adobe editing software, I'm thinking maybe I should try it so I read a little further nd it says 3 months from the day I activated my new MA2... that was 11/23/2020.. wow this gives me like 15 days worth.....

WOW! You best hurry and use it Bro! I have enjoyed using it for the TEN DAYS after finding out as you did!

I am getting Adobe Creative Cloud, which contained every single app that Adobe makes for a special offer of $30/month or $360 per year. I know it is very expensive, but I actually use Photoshop 2021 and have nearly weekly updates, as well as Lightroom or my timelapse LRTimelapse software. In addition, I get Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects. I also get and use Adobe PDF. Should I choose to, there are many other apps that I will never use. By calling Adobe personally, I was able to get the 40% discount on the entire suite. There is most certainly a learning curve but the product is excellent.

Please tell me more about the auto synch. I have no clue what it is or how to use it.

Finally, if you do use Premiere, and your computer is not up to par, it will run very slowly unless you work in PROXIES. See Premiere pro proxies for more information on that.

Dale
Miami

Well I just signed up for the free trial, It says its good till May 8th so I have time to try it out good! I'll probably try it this evening.
BTW, its the Premier Pro plan if it matters,.

Phantomrain.org
Phantom Rain-2nd request- can you please explain "Auto Synch?"

Hi try Davinchi resolve 16 editor for PC or Mac it is one hell of a video editing package and the best news of all is its completely free.

Phantom Rain-2nd request- can you please explain "Auto Synch?"
Its a Adobe Premiere feature that allows you to bring in your sound track to the timeline and it marks it for the beats or change in the music , and than it automates all the clips you had in the bin to those markers saving you a ton of time editing and puts them in sequence..

Just a fantastic way of making drone videos easy but interesting.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your DJI in the Rain / Snow

Reactions: A.O.
Hi try Davinchi resolve 16 editor for PC or Mac it is one hell of a video editing package and the best news of all is its completely free.
Davinchi is a great free way to go but the Learning curve on that is Brutal, its a Pro Platform but a mental investment none the less.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in and out of the storm.

Reactions: Rudiger
I received my 3 month offer today valid from the time I activate my drone.
My MA2 arrived on November 2/20 and was activated the same day, so I guess my trial ended a week ago?
I am sure (hoping) they will still give me the free trial since I haven't used it before.

I received my 3 month offer today valid from the time I activate my drone.
My MA2 arrived on November 2/20 and was activated the same day, so I guess my trial ended a week ago?
I am sure (hoping) they will still give me the free trial since I haven't used it before.
I thought the same thing but they gave me 3 months from the day I got the email. so give it a go..

A comparison between DaVinci Resolve, Premiere Pro, Avid, and Final Cut Pro

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake