DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Free drone insurance?

Coskier

Reactions
Finally went through all the little cards and papers that came with the drone, and stumbled on this. I'll do the online thing today and see more of what it's about, but has anyone already gone through the registration process?

Finally went through all the little cards and papers that came with the drone, and stumbled on this. I'll do the online thing today and see more of what it's about, but has anyone already gone through the registration process?

I have not but definitely would be a plus for buying the drone if it's real. However, I have a suspicion that's it's not permanent and might be for only a short amount of time.

Reactions: crlmjohnson
Why would anyone insure a drone for free
I personally think it'll probably be something like first month free and then you're obligated to continue for 11 months. lol

It appears that they're offering coverage for cyber attacks on drones. I'm finding it difficult to see that there's much of a risk in my case.

Here's one of the few references I've found that aren't in Chinese.

"Started handling drone cyber insurance Drone cyber insurance that covers various risks such as cyber attacks on drones and information leaks"

"By compensating for accidents caused by cyber attacks that are not covered by general drone insurance and DJI liability insurance with drone cyber insurance, it has become possible to reliably relieve victims of accidents."

It appears that they're offering coverage for cyber attacks on drones. I'm finding it difficult to see that there's much of a risk in my case.

Here's one of the few references I've found that aren't in Chinese.

"Started handling drone cyber insurance Drone cyber insurance that covers various risks such as cyber attacks on drones and information leaks"

"By compensating for accidents caused by cyber attacks that are not covered by general drone insurance and DJI liability insurance with drone cyber insurance, it has become possible to reliably relieve victims of accidents."
Since when has drone cyber attacks been a thing?

Reactions: jonatious
Since when has drone cyber attacks been a thing?

Fear mongering is a powerful strategy not only in propaganda, but also in advertising.

Fear mongering is a powerful strategy not only in propaganda, but also in advertising.
If it's free then I might as well use it, but if they think they're going to get me to pay for protection that only they have experienced, they might as well try to persuade me that the South won the Civil War. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they started hacking drones to make their assertions valid.

I would not provide a card number, if they ask for one, during the registration process.

Guys, there is really nothing FREE these days. It is a company and they have to make money to stay in business. So, I am sure they will make you pay one way or the other.

Two questions:

a) did everyone else get this card in their package?
b) has anyone followed up on it?

I went to the website and could not find the info for the Mavic 3 offer, and I don't read Japanese, so I sent them an email. Hoping to hear back tomorrow.

Last edited:
If it's free then I might as well use it, but if they think they're going to get me to pay for protection that only they have experienced, they might as well try to persuade me that the South won the Civil War. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they started hacking drones to make their assertions valid.
I don't think cyber hacking of drones is a thing at all and there's nothing of value in this offer. It seems to be nothing but a good way to get yourself onto a mailing list or into a database.

Reactions: BSauce955
They responded - it's for Japanese customers only.

It's entirely in Japanese, and to even register you have to know the phonetic spelling of the person and short code for your "zip code" while registering. This means you have to know your Japanese Kana and have an address in Japan. Super helpful for anyone IN JAPAN.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929