DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Free Hasselblad photo editing package

mcbutler

Reactions
Hi All,

I was watching a pro photographer on youtube a day ago, i noted he was using a photo editing package called PHOCUS. This guy is world renowned so if he uses it, its good.
So i investigated and discovered that the software is from Hasselblad and completely free to download, they also do a .pdf manual for it, now there's a first.
Its photo only but still worth a look..

Checking it out and can't seem to import anything. It may only work with a Hassleblad camera connected...
I am getting a DirectX error that may be causing it. Will have to look into that.

EDIT:
Fixing the DirectX error I can now work with jpg's but haven't yet figured out how to impot a raw file... time for the manual I guess...
It mentions working with raw video.

EDIT2:
This answers why I can't open a raw file (I'm on a PC). From the manual...
"Phocus primarily fully supports Hasselblad 3FR and 3F files with more limited
support for other format files. The Mac platform allows file viewing and limited
editing of not only TIFF, JPEG, DNG and PNG files for example,but also more than
150 third-party digital cameras, including Canon, Nikon, Leaf, Leica, Sony, Fuji,
Olympus etc. The Windows platform supports TIFF and JPEG files."

Last edited:
It’s for their MF cameras only. Medium format. Mainly designed to work with raw files from their CCD and CMOS large format cameras.

I would recommend staying with ACR/LR or Capture One, if you want free Raw Therapee
All will do great work on raws from a DJI drone.

Paul C

Reactions: kjcbid54
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000