DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Free Mavic Pro - What to do?? Need Advice.

poak_99

Reactions
I went to a local retailer 2 weeks ago to buy the Mavic Pro Fly More Bundle as it was $200 off.
The sales rep came out with a big brown box and proceeded to cash me out.
While waiting I noticed the label on the box read: box contents - and listed all the fly more bundle items but did not list a mavic pro. I mentioned it to the sales rep. He looked at the box, left to the back and came out with a Mavic Pro in a white box.
So i take both home and to my suprise, I open the Fly more bundlebox and there is the white box with the mavic pro inside.
So... I now have a spare mavic pro sitting on my desk.

1. Should I return it?
2. Should I keep it for spare parts?
3. Should I sell it? - I worry about them tracing the mavic s/n back to the store and going after the buyer.

I'm normally a very honest man, but... ugg this is a tough one. The store screwed up, not me.?

What to do? Advice?

If you're an honest man, you'll return it. If you keep it... well, I guess you'll need to revoke your honest man card ;)

KARMA is a touch one. . . and she usually gets even in a BIG way.

Take it back and you'll be glad you did.

I went to a local retailer 2 weeks ago to buy the Mavic Pro Fly More Bundle as it was $200 off.
The sales rep came out with a big brown box and proceeded to cash me out.
While waiting I noticed the label on the box read: box contents - and listed all the fly more bundle items but did not list a mavic pro. I mentioned it to the sales rep. He looked at the box, left to the back and came out with a Mavic Pro in a white box.
So i take both home and to my suprise, I open the Fly more bundlebox and there is the white box with the mavic pro inside.
So... I now have a spare mavic pro sitting on my desk.

1. Should I return it?
2. Should I keep it for spare parts?
3. Should I sell it? - I worry about them tracing the mavic s/n back to the store and going after the buyer.

I'm normally a very honest man, but... ugg this is a tough one. The store screwed up, not me.?

What to do? Advice?

Call them up & tell them what happened. Ask them if they want you to return it? You never know, they might just say keep it since its been opened.

Reactions: enodog
I just add
When flying Mavic Pro you need all the karma you can get
This might be a different topic But here I go.......

I lost two brothers in this year
The last I had a very tense relationship with...
I heard his fav movie was " top gun"
I started to hear that "kenny loggins song " Danger zone" more then I normal would on my car radio
and Bad things would happen for no explanation in which I had no control.
I can't explain it I don't think i could call it karma

Would like to add we did get together days before he passed
He showed me a Drone ( Phantom llll Pro)....
...................................... and sure why I own a mavic pro now.!

GUYS you forgot to welcome him to the forum so I will .
Welcome .:)

Now..If what you say is true in my quote then you know what to do .
It's not a tough decision it's the only decision .
Now if you keep it when they do an inventory and turn up short a high dollar item someone's head liable to roll not to mention you have joined a group that don't forget much believe me and you have admitted this do you really think your gonna be welcomed by many .
Sure some might but the most...naaaaa
I Feel you know this or why even bother tell anyone.
Like other's have said..KARMA ..
What goes around normally comes around and ya don't want to get bit in the buttocks now do ya :)

What to do? Advice?

If you're an honest man, you'll return it. If you keep it... well, I guess you'll need to revoke your honest man card ;)
Boy, that's quite a bit nicer than I feel about something like this.

To me there's no question, argument, etc. Take it back immediately. You have it on innocent, but now fraudulent circumstances. It's not your property.

Take it back, or you're a thief. And a pretty big one.

Haha wow. I posted this question out of curiosity, to see what people would say and I'm extremely impressed by the response. I had no intention of ever keeping it. I returned the drone today. . The best buy manager was absolutely taken a back by my honesty. Got a free computer monitor which I needed and a $50 gift card.

This thread did take a turn for the best.!
I Like it thank you.!
Everyone that contributed
Well done

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS