DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Freewell ND filter plastic case magnet question

gleff

Reactions
Hi All,

Just curious, do the small magnets in the Freewell ND filter plastic case cause any damage or issues being in close proximity for long periods of time on/near either the Mini 3 Drone, or the RC, or batteries?

I just got the Freewell ND filters, and noticed it has magnets on the plastic case to keep the case shut. I have a very small case for my drone, and want to put the ND filter plastic case in the case, but by doing so they'll be super close to the drone, batteries, and RC. I just want to make sure it won't cause any issues with the RC display, or drone camera, etc because it's magnetic.

Thanks

Me personally, I don’t mix magnets with drone stuff. Someone else may have a better idea.

Nope. Nothing except the internal compass could be affected and that only as long as it's within a range that it would be strong enough.
You'd have to be literally on top of the bird to even notice as magnetic field strength drops off by the square of distance.

Reactions: Torque and KLRSKIR
Hi All,

Just curious, do the small magnets in the Freewell ND filter plastic case cause any damage or issues being in close proximity for long periods of time on/near either the Mini 3 Drone, or the RC, or batteries?

I just got the Freewell ND filters, and noticed it has magnets on the plastic case to keep the case shut. I have a very small case for my drone, and want to put the ND filter plastic case in the case, but by doing so they'll be super close to the drone, batteries, and RC. I just want to make sure it won't cause any issues with the RC display, or drone camera, etc because it's magnetic.

Thanks
Ina real life situation, I had my Freewell filter case with magnetic closure in the bag with my Mavic 2 Pro for years. Never had a problem.

Dale
Miami

Reactions: Torque
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580