DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Freewell or Polar? Anyone tried both?

Northwood Mediaworks

Premium Pilot
Reactions
So looking at going beyond the included filters in the FMC. I was wondering if anyone had already pulled the trigger on either of these manufacturer's offerings and has feedback.

Thx

I didn’t check the price. I do know I liked the free well bright sunlight pack of four with Polarization added for my desert flying.

Reactions: Inspirephil
I didn’t check the price. I do know I liked the free well bright sunlight pack of four with Polarization added for my desert flying.
I don’t use ND filters very often but when I do I use my Freewell variable ND filters. They make it easier to adjust between the various settings.

Thanks all... I like the variable idea, but I also like to use the CPL now and then, looking for the right combination ... early days for this drone anyway.

Reactions: Inspirephil
Thanks all... I like the variable idea, but I also like to use the CPL now and then, looking for the right combination ... early days for this drone anyway.
I’ve got so many different ND filters for my M2P and my Inspire 2 it’s ridiculous!
I actually won the PolarPro ND filters in a contest so that’s a good thing.
Not trying to brag about it it’s just that I can’t seem to stop buying them!
$$$ that I really need to spend on other things darn it anyway!! ??????

Attachments

• 41AED7D9-BF08-4648-8A61-7DB950ED1C50.jpeg
    41AED7D9-BF08-4648-8A61-7DB950ED1C50.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 19
  • 84618A5A-1BD1-41FF-A2AC-9FB948174896.jpeg
    84618A5A-1BD1-41FF-A2AC-9FB948174896.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Reactions: Hauptmann
BTW, I just love my filters! Can’t see flying in the desert without one.
Question: Am I supposed to put the blank frame on if I’m not using a filter?

BTW, I just love my filters! Can’t see flying in the desert without one.
Question: Am I supposed to put the blank frame on if I’m not using a filter?
Not sure what you mean by blank frame? When I’m not using my ND filters I put the DJI UV filter on just for protection of the lens.
Is that what you mean by blank frame? It’s the filter that came with the drone from DJI.
And if I lived in the desert I’d be using Nd filters for cutting the glare of the sun down.

Not sure what you mean by blank frame? When I’m not using my ND filters I put the DJI UV filter on just for protection of the lens.
Is that what you mean by blank frame? It’s the filter that came with the drone from DJI.
And if I lived in the desert I’d be using Nd filters for cutting the glare of the sun down.
Yep, I think thats what he meant...

I got the MA2 combo and it came with three filters and had a blank frame over the lens that looks just like a filter.

I got the MA2 combo and it came with three filters and had a blank frame over the lens that looks just like a filter.
Yep, me too, been flying the ND16 but its not perhaps comparable quality to some of the aftermarket stuff. You'd probably benefit from a PL option now and then too... reduce glare with all that desert sun!

Is that what you mean by blank frame? It’s the filter that came with the drone from DJI

The one that came installed on mine is also a " blank frame" it contains no lens of any kind. Can you confirm that yours actually contains a lens? If so, then I have a problem.

Reactions: JB913
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803