DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Frequent Disconnects

nedcampbell

Reactions
After about a year of hassle free flying my M2Z w iPhone 8, I now suffer every flight with 1) difficulty to connect camera 2) frequent disconnects in flight. Nothing has changed that I know of and I fly with Bluetooth off and not around potential WIFI interference. Any ideas or experience is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Probably a foolish question, Ned, but have you tried a different cable from the phone to the RC? And, I presume you're using the bottom USB-A port and not the Micro USB port on the upper left?

Reactions: charliesRig
Not a foolish question at all!
1) I am using the micro USB on the top left to my iPhone
2) I’ve never used the USB-A port (didn’t even know about it!)
3) I’ve not tried a different cable (don’t have one right now).
Are there known issues with this setup?
Thx.

Kilomikebravo
Thanks for your good questions. It led me down this path:
- Unlinked my RC and Bird and relinked
- Used a USB-A cable that I know works
Seems I can now connect! Will be interesting to see if it helps with my disconnect issues tomorrow.
Appreciate your help!

Another dumb question but do you have your antennas oriented correctly? I had an issue just like this even with short range like 200ft away. Once I fixed the antenna orientation on my Smart controller everything was great again.

I’m looking to buy an SC. Tired of the startup process and my iPhone battery sucks.
Here's a pretty thorough review just posted on DJI's forum:

I would say it transforms the Mavic, it has been far, far better since I have had mine. Logged a lot of hours getting ready for my flight test and I fly it several times a week. We 2 USAF bases here, transport at Mildenhall, F15 fighters out of Lakenheath and F35s out of Marham, so a flyaway over any of those is not a good experience I guess.

Start up is almost instant, under a minute. Had no disconnects yet but sticking at 500m / VLOS, which is law in UK
It is far superior to any iphone / Ipad setup I have ever had on P4P or Mavic 2 Pro.

Highly recommended

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa