DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Friendly skies is CT?

bardparkr

Reactions
I live in CT and have been contemplating buying a mavic pro for a while now. However, I am concerned about usability in CT. Is CT a "drone-friendly" state? Are there decent areas to fly over or are these locations becoming more and more limited as the months go by? If unfriendly, is Mass or RI more reasonable? I am most interested in beach locations and also abandoned buildings, urban exploration video and photography (Seaside Sanitarium, etc...).

You should have a great experience in any state if you follow these laws and these guidelines.
Thanks for the input. I've read the rules and regs before. I was most concerned about the general attitude in CT. I hear stories of lifeguards, park rangers, etc... still demanding that the pilots not fly in certain areas not designated as "no fly zones." Just hoping to get some CT people to advise me as to where they're not being harassed for flying.

If you're not flying around people, then you likely won't be harassed by anyone (since there will be nobody there to complain).

Reactions: TrayBoz
Unfortunately, there's no telling when you're going to run into someone who doesn't want you flying from their property and/or is misinformed about where you're allowed to fly. As long as you follow the laws, guidelines, and are not standing on property where someone does not want you flying, you should be fine. If you have any doubts, check with the land owner before you set out to fly.

I live in CT and have been contemplating buying a mavic pro for a while now. However, I am concerned about usability in CT. Is CT a "drone-friendly" state? Are there decent areas to fly over or are these locations becoming more and more limited as the months go by? If unfriendly, is Mass or RI more reasonable? I am most interested in beach locations and also abandoned buildings, urban exploration video and photography (Seaside Sanitarium, etc...).

I live in So Cal, just got back from a short trip to Mystic, flew all over the harbor with no issues. Shortly after a flight one morning, I heard the sound of somebody else’s drone overhead, no issues with flying there.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3