DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Front Arm Axis Spring Repair on M1P Installation

afsteinb

Reactions
I have had a crash that ended up snapping off the tip of the pin for one of the front leg Axis springs on my Mavic Pro M1P. There is a definite challenge to setting the new Axis in place so that the spring is properly loaded for opening and closing the front leg. Has anyone had some experience with this?? I have found videos on YouTube that cover the replacement but I am not confident as to how complete the descriptions are for the process.
Thanks.

Problem?
Had a crash that ended up snapping off the tip of the pin for one of the front leg Axis springs on my Mavic Pro M1P.
Was unit in a crash?
Yes.
What have you tried so far?
I have purchased a replacement piece but have a challenge placing it with the proper orientation so that the spring works properly.
What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)?
This is not the problem.
What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)?
This is not the problem.
What Go app version are you using?
This is not the problem.
Any modification?
(if so what)
No.
Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what)
This is not the problem.
Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? (if so post link)

Yes, posted.

Attachments

• Front Leg Axis Spring.jpg
    Front Leg Axis Spring.jpg
    611.9 KB · Views: 40
  • Pin Tension.jpg
    Pin Tension.jpg
    671.7 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
  1. Pull out the pin
  2. Open the arm to 80% of fully extended
  3. insert the pin. You will need to tension it so that when it tensions, it will keep the arm extended.
  4. Squeeze the pin in but look at the top of the frame to make sure the top of the pin goes into the little hole.
  5. Twist the pin so that it tensions the arm open, then squeeze it down on to the frame holes.
  6. Screw it in.

1. Pull out the pin
  2. Open the arm to 80% of fully extended
  3. insert the pin. You will need to tension it so that when it tensions, it will keep the arm extended.
  4. Squeeze the pin in but look at the top of the frame to make sure the top of the pin goes into the little hole.
  5. Twist the pin so that it tensions the arm open, then squeeze it down on to the frame holes.
  6. Screw it in.
Hi Rob,
The tensioning seems to be my challenge. I have found that I can position the leg perpendicular to the side of the body, insert the pin, and see it just short of the frame hole on the opposite side. The two holes of the pin anchor are about an eight of an inch out of alignment to the body screw mounts that they need to go around. So, I may just be a bit too cautious about the tensioning process, but I just don't seem to be able to get the anchor holes and body mounts to line up. I see this as a significant effort of prying and leverage, but don't exactly see how best to do that.
Alan

Hi Rob,

I found that closing the arm and lining things up was a better approach. I then took a set of broad thin square nosed tweezers and tensioned while turning towards the body allowed it to fall right in place on the first try. Keeping the arm tucked into the body made the process easier.

Thanks,
Alan

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS