DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Front obstacle warning - false positives....

collins

Reactions
I have been getting a lot of front obstacle warnings with my Mavic stopping caused I suspect by the sun and usually occurring when it is returning home towards the sun.

Sometimes it is happening every 10 yards or so. I live in Thailand so the sun is often very bright. I read that people had similar problems last year but I wondered if any settings had been changed by DJI to control this issue.

I realize I could fly backwards or disable the front warning sensors but neither solution is ideal

I have been getting a lot of front obstacle warnings with my Mavic stopping caused I suspect by the sun and usually occurring when it is returning home towards the sun.

Sometimes it is happening every 10 yards or so. I live in Thailand so the sun is often very bright. I read that people had similar problems last year but I wondered if any settings had been changed by DJI to control this issue.

I realize I could fly backwards or disable the front warning sensors but neither solution is ideal
It may be something you have to learn to live with and fly accordingly. Not sure which firmware version you are on but I have found that since I updated to .0600 and now .0700 I don't have the problem.

I had exactly the same issue on .600 but only flee today for the first time on .700 and it was the middle of the day so no issues today.

I'm still getting the problem after updating to .700, and have to turn off OA to get home.

I had this tonight but it was after sunset, still light though. Every couple of yards.

It happened to me once, I cleaned the front sensors with a q-tip and it's never occurred again. I'm thinking there was a speck of dust or something it saw as an obstacle.

I had this happen also on a return flight facing towards the sun. I switched it into Sport mode and flew back without a problem. This happened with the latest firmware installed in the Mavic flying at 300AGL.

Hi everyone i just had this happen a few times but only for a second. I was at 90 meters. The sun was out though. Think i may try cleaning the front sensors.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu