DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Front red lights dont come on anymore

mpa

Reactions
Any one know how to turn this on again? it helps with determining the direction of the drone.

The only time the lights are on is on start up then they switch off. I have tried playing with both the "front LED auto turn off " on an off and the lights dont turn on at all. i have had about 30 hours of flight time and 150 flights and the problem has just cropped up today, so i dont think its firmware related. all firmware and DJI app is upto date.
I have also noted that there a few older post that had screenshots in the DJI GO app that allowed lights to be turned off, but the option has been removed?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Reactions: Guilio
The auto turn on/off is for video or photos so the red glare doesn't show. There is another option to turn on or off the red lights, don't remember exactly where as I haven't been able to fly for awhile.

I have my C2 assigned to turn on / off the front red lights.

Im on IOS 4.0.8 , it's here for me , scroll down towards the bottom
ff13710ab713e5ddb6c4f7a0e8da659e.jpg

Im on IOS 4.0.8 , it's here for me , scroll down towards the bottom
ff13710ab713e5ddb6c4f7a0e8da659e.jpg

im on android DJI go app 4.0.7, i don't see the option, i dont think i have ever seen it. i have had the mavic since march 2017

Try re-installing the app

After you click on the quad icon, click advanced settings, then you have to scroll the page down to get to the setting, beyond that not sure what's up.

found the fix,
seems to be a bug in the software with the fixed wing mode.
i think i may have accidentally tapped the c2 button early on startup, but because i always have the fix wing mode active this button does not work for me unless i deactivate the fixed wing mode and set the shortcut to c2, switch the lights on then switch it back to fixed wing mode.
hope this helps others that may be wondering why they suddenly loose the front lights.

found the fix,
seems to be a bug in the software with the fixed wing mode.
i think i may have accidentally tapped the c2 button early on startup, but because i always have the fix wing mode active this button does not work for me unless i deactivate the fixed wing mode and set the shortcut to c2, switch the lights on then switch it back to fixed wing mode.
hope this helps others that may be wondering why they suddenly loose the front lights.

Hi may name is john mpa can you help me with the issue of the red front lights of may mavic pro please, my red light won't come on, and i don't know how to turn them on again, I have seen several videos about this but I don't have the option to turn them back on like you said before in this chat
Thank you very much

Hi may name is john mpa can you help me with the issue of the red front lights of may mavic pro please, my red light won't come on, and i don't know how to turn them on again, I have seen several videos about this but I don't have the option to turn them back on like you said before in this chat
Thank you very much
I ran into this same annoying problem yesterday when the red lights all of a sudden turned off. The menu option to turn on/off the front red lights doesn't exist on Android as shown in all the videos. You have to go to the controller custom buttons and assign C1 or C2 to turn red lights on / off. Then you can toggle the red lights back on using C1/C2 on the controller.

Any one know how to turn this on again? it helps with determining the direction of the drone.

The only time the lights are on is on start up then they switch off. I have tried playing with both the "front LED auto turn off " on an off and the lights dont turn on at all. i have had about 30 hours of flight time and 150 flights and the problem has just cropped up today, so i dont think its firmware related. all firmware and DJI app is upto date.
I have also noted that there a few older post that had screenshots in the DJI GO app that allowed lights to be turned off, but the option has been removed?

Any help would be much appreciated!
Mine has done this today. No warning just come on when switched on then go off and the setting has disappeared.

my mavic came back from DJI warranty repair (exchanged) and one red light doesnt work. Never figured out why.

Having same problem with mine, and can't find any settings in android app to change it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlafica