DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"Front Sensors Not Working" message

Chris_Toronto

Reactions
Has anyone had a message onscreen saying something along the lines of "front sensors not working"? I check for any blockages and everything was clear.

This happened when I was practicing the RTH function. Another odd thing was that in the 5 times I tried the RTH, the first two times it landed itself perfectly and the last three times it returned to home well but just hovered at 3 feet and would not land. This coincided with the "front sensor not working" message.

It appears your Mavic determined the ground was not suitable for landing. Per the Mavic manual:

Mavic.png

^^^ That does not explain the "Front Sensor Not Working" Message though?

That's correct. It only explains the OP's second problem.

Now that I look at my logs, it also said strong "wireless interference, fly with caution" before taking off.

So unsuitable as in uneven I assume? Just seems strange that the error appeared at the same time. Wonder if for some reason both forward and down sensors have an issue.

So unsuitable as in uneven I assume?
I'm not sure. Perhaps the OP will give us some more information about the areas where his Mavic would not land.

Just seems strange that the error appeared at the same time.
These issues appear to be completely unrelated.

I don't see anything in that screenshot about the front sensors?

I've reviewed the flight logs but for whatever reason they don't show the front sensor message. But, I can assure you, it presented many times

No, not dark. What about calibration of the imu's. Is this something that needs to be done?

Are you certain they are not working? I would not be concerned with a one time error message. Turn on GPS mode and fly it towards something to see if it's operational

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851