DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Frustrating NFZ Issues

AlienDrone

Reactions
I have been documenting a construction site for several months. This location is shown to be within a 100' altitude approved area by my AirMap app. When I started the project I had no issues. However, the last several times I have visited this sight the DJI NFZ would not allow me to fly. Typically, before this issue started, I could clear the NFZ by pulling back on the sticks to engage the rotors. I would then receive the option to request a certificate to fly. I would make the request and the NFZ was cleared. Now I get this drop-down menu. The United States is already filled in. The next request is for my cell phone number. When I enter my number the United States location is cleared. I then have to scroll all the way down to the US and reselect. This selection then clears the phone number I have just entered. It is an endless circle jerk! I also went into the app to refresh the licenses which the app claims were successful. However, the red NFZ indication remains. I have submitted several requests with DJI support to resolve this matter but thus far with no reply. Any suggestions?

I have been documenting a construction site for several months. This location is shown to be within a 100' altitude approved area by my AirMap app. When I started the project I had no issues. However, the last several times I have visited this sight the DJI NFZ would not allow me to fly. Typically, before this issue started, I could clear the NFZ by pulling back on the sticks to engage the rotors. I would then receive the option to request a certificate to fly. I would make the request and the NFZ was cleared. Now I get this drop-down menu. The United States is already filled in. The next request is for my cell phone number. When I enter my number the United States location is cleared. I then have to scroll all the way down to the US and reselect. This selection then clears the phone number I have just entered. It is an endless circle jerk! I also went into the app to refresh the licenses which the app claims were successful. However, the red NFZ indication remains. I have submitted several requests with DJI support to resolve this matter but thus far with no reply. Any suggestions?

Request the unlock via DJI's "Self Unlock" website ahead of time.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Thanks for your reply. I have done this. I live less than a mile from the location where this is happening. I have made the request and received the license. I then drive the short distance only to find the NFZ is still in place.

Thanks for your reply. I have done this. I live less than a mile from the location where this is happening. I have made the request and received the license. I then drive the short distance only to find the NFZ is still in place.

Make sure you use the option in the DJI app to transfer the unlocking license to the drone.

Reactions: pelagic_one
If I remember correctly, this is where you refresh the license right? If this is correct I have received confirmation that the refresh was successful. However, the NFZ is still in place.

If I remember correctly, this is where you refresh the license right? If this is correct I have received confirmation that the refresh was successful. However, the NFZ is still in place.

Have you tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling the DJI app on your device? Something seems off about it from what you've described.

Have you tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling the DJI app on your device? Something seems off about it from what you've described.
No, in my conversations with support they have not recommended reloading the app. I submitted another report from my phone yesterday. I was hoping to have some kind of response from support by now. Nothing. I'm going to call them again. I will discuss reloading the app. Thank you!

No, in my conversations with support they have not recommended reloading the app. I submitted another report from my phone yesterday. I was hoping to have some kind of response from support by now. Nothing. I'm going to call them again. I will discuss reloading the app. Thank you!
Dawgpilot and AlienDrone, I tried to go back to my original post on this topic. I could not find it. I see I have a notice that it has been moved and the request that I 'please post in the correct section" there is no ID associated with this notice nor does he tell where the post was moved to. I have looked in other sections for Mavic 2 and have not found it. Can either of you tell where my post is now?

Honestly I would suggest you just go ahead and uninstall and reinstall the app now instead of wasting time with DJI support. That's basic troubleshooting, regardless of the company. DJI's customer service is often pretty clueless themselves too.

Dawgpilot and AlienDrone, I tried to go back to my original post on this topic. I could not find it. I see I have a notice that it has been moved and the request that I 'please post in the correct section" there is no ID associated with this notice nor does he tell where the post was moved to. I have looked in other sections for Mavic 2 and have not found it. Can either of you tell where my post is now?

It's in the sUAV Rules and Regulations forum.

Reactions: BigAl07
Honestly I would suggest you just go ahead and uninstall and reinstall the app now instead of wasting time with DJI support. That's basic troubleshooting, regardless of the company. DJI's customer service is often pretty clueless themselves too.
Your right, They have been of little help so far. I'll try reloading the app. I Will let you know the result.

I'm late to this conversation, but from reading a few of the above post I didn't see why its a NFZ area? are you flying in controlled airspace? Flying near critical infrastructure? these are the most common reason for a NFZ. IF that is the case you may need to go through the FAA for the authorization first then do the custom unlock via the DJI web site.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S