DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

full battery shows low battery error after few moments

rockwind1

Reactions
has anyone had this happen? or knows what it is? i had a new battery in the drone, turned it on and all 4 llights were on. drone took off, i let it hover a fe w minutes and then go a warning low battery!. i landed, put in another new battery and flew with no problems. thanks,

has anyone had this happen? or knows what it is? i had a new battery in the drone, turned it on and all 4 llights were on. drone took off, i let it hover a fe w minutes and then go a warning low battery!. i landed, put in another new battery and flew with no problems. thanks,
have you charger it yet. Being new, it maybe on discharge and mis reading. If it's a new battery put a full charge on it. I get the mis read if my batteries set for a while.

i should have used better words, i believe it was a "newly" recharged battery. although I am not 100% sure. i have 4 batteries and have flown maybe 10 times now so figured I had used it at some point. i have the batteries numbered with black sharpie. i don't log each battery use, i just was kind of trying to use different batteries so they all get used the same. but maybe it slipped thru the cracks.

why would it be on discharge if it was new? i did noticed when i turned it off, it went like normal but the the number 4 led blinked once.

i should have used better words, i believe it was a "newly" recharged battery. although I am not 100% sure. i have 4 batteries and have flown maybe 10 times now so figured I had used it at some point. i have the batteries numbered with black sharpie. i don't log each battery use, i just was kind of trying to use different batteries so they all get used the same. but maybe it slipped thru the cracks.

why would it be on discharge if it was new? i did noticed when i turned it off, it went like normal but the the number 4 led blinked once.

All the smart batteries start discharging to a safe level for storage about 30%. You can setup how many days before it starts discharging in the app.
It's hard on a battery if left at 100% ( loss some of it's life).

I read that somewhere but i assumed once you turned it on, it would stop. or the app would just show the lower % that it has discharged too. so maybe it is wisest to not recharge your bats right away unless you are going to fly immeadiately. thanks!

I read that somewhere but i assumed once you turned it on, it would stop. or the app would just show the lower % that it has discharged too. so maybe it is wisest to not recharge your bats right away unless you are going to fly immeadiately. thanks!
what I have done a few times, knowing the battery may not be fully charged ( been seating on the shelf). I'll plug the battery in to the charger even though the battery shows 4 bars. the charger does not start charging. I then leave the battery plugged in to the charger and turn on the battery. you will see it start charging then. I only do this if the battery had been seating for a few days. I would not try it every time.
I've gone out not doing this and seen that the battery reads at 95 or 92%. after doing this I get a 100%.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy