DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Full image is blurry and no camera control - PLEASE HELP

Kvnkrbl

Reactions
Hey guys,

Been flying my drone for a couple months now - no issues & no crashes.

Just powered it on for a flight and all of the sudden the image showing up on my iPhone 7 plus is in letterbox mode and is 100% blurred. In addition, I have no control over the gimbal or the any camera settings and no ability to take a picture or video. All camera buttons both on screen and on controller are non-responsive. Everything comes up n/a (see attached pictures).

The drone flies perfectly, only issue is camera related. When I turn on the Mavic, the gimbal goes through it's movement and then returns to center as usual.

See the pictures below - have tried:

-Unistalling and reinstalling app

-Using wifi mode

-Using w/ and without iPhone attached

Attachments

• IMG_1953.PNG
    IMG_1953.PNG
    940.8 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1952.PNG
    IMG_1952.PNG
    213.7 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_1954.JPG
    IMG_1954.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 87
Reactions: ZUCSTA
Yes I have tried the lightning cord between the usb port and my iPhone - no luck

Hey guys,

Just powered it on for a flight and all of the sudden the image showing up on my iPhone 7 plus is in letterbox mode and is 100% blurred. In addition, I have no control over the gimbal or the any camera settings and no ability to take a picture or video. All camera buttons both on screen and on controller are non-responsive. Everything comes up n/a (see attached pictures).

The drone flies perfectly, only issue is camera related. When I turn on the Mavic, the gimbal goes through it's movement and then returns to center as usual.

-Using wifi mode

Its like you have a bad connection. Your camera is not being recognized. I'd ask @Thunderdrones if he has any advice.

Tried new cable - no luck

Tried uninstalling app and re - no luck

Has anyone seen this issue as seen in the pictures from my first post before?

I don't think I have seen anything quite like it reported to be honest.
There is not much more you can do though it would be good to try a different device.
You can also connect to Assistant and refresh or downgrade/upgrade firmware.
Since it *suddenly* went wrong it's quite likely to be a fault unless your mobile device updated or has some issue
Most likely it will have to go in for repair, not sure what the position is regarding warranty - depends where you are.

Since camera data is missing form the RC's screen as well I'd say the camera is dead or the connection between it and the mainboard is broken/flaky. Pretty certainly hardware problem.

Reactions: Huge Bama Fan
I had a clear plastic protective cover on the gimbal that I had to remove before using. Sorry just read you had it for months.

Tried new cable - no luck

Tried uninstalling app and re - no luck

Has anyone seen this issue as seen in the pictures from my first post before?
I have the same problem, I haven't been able to find a fix yet. Rather not send unit in fro repair. Did you get a fix yet?

Reactions: Fleamavic
Hey guys,

-Using wifi mode

Okay ,I have also had the issues yiu describe and found in BOTH instances it was an SD card error that caused the system to go haywire.
I used Top of the line Lexar 1000x 64gb micro sd , never had problems till recently .Did a full check and format ,worked for awhile (3weeks) then problem started again. Put in a new card and so far (4weeks) no issues.
Hope that helps somebody.

I have the same problem, I haven't been able to find a fix yet. Rather not send unit in fro repair. Did you get a fix yet?

Same issue here...sudden problem...everything works but the camera controls, and focus is fuzzy - entire image. Tried different ipad/phone etc. Tried diff cables. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling app. Tried gimbal calibration etc. All to no avail. Why haven't we heard from DJI on this?

Same issue here...sudden problem...everything works but the camera controls, and focus is fuzzy - entire image. Tried different ipad/phone etc. Tried diff cables. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling app. Tried gimbal calibration etc. All to no avail. Why haven't we heard from DJI on this?
Found out it was the sd card. I had a top notch one but over time it seems it had some fault. It affected stabity in hover and all manner of picture Quality .Put new one in and Presto works fine.

Found out it was the sd card. I had a top notch one but over time it seems it had some fault. It affected stabity in hover and all manner of picture Quality .Put new one in and Presto works fine.

Thanks so much. Replaced the SD card and it works like it is supposed to again. Thank you!!

Reactions: ZUCSTA
Thanks so much. Replaced the SD card and it works like it is supposed to again. Thank you!!
Great to hear!!
I Found it amazing a faulty sd card could cause such havoc in our Mavics. Lexar micro sd I have found are troublesome. I now use san disk extreme Pro .A lot cheaper ½ price on line.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa