DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Full specs, RC compatibility, and more (48MP RAW, optional 47min battery) released via an early store listing

Coskier

Reactions
See it all at DJI Mini 3 Pro drone gets listed on Dutch retail site: All specs revealed

This part bothers me, Occusync 3, but not RC Pro?
O3 transmission

DJI Mini 3 Pro features a flagship-level video transmission system in DJI O3. It provides a 1080p/30fps live feed at distances up to 12 km.

RC-N1 remote control and new DJI RC

The DJI Mini 3 Pro drone will be compatible with both the DJI RC-N1 remote control and the new DJI RC. Both controllers offer a maximum video bit rate of 18 Mbps, delivered with ultra-low latency of 120 ms.

47 min battery is interesting, but I probably won't get one of those right off the bat.

Last edited:
Reactions: test2000Anafi
Interesting. I wonder how much it weighs on the plus battery and how stable it is on strong winds.

This looks like a hybrid between an Air2 and a Mini

Interesting. I wonder how much it weighs on the plus battery and how stable it is on strong winds.

This looks like a hybrid between an Air2 and a Mini

There are pics floating around here showing it at 245g on someone's luggage scale. The wind part will be interesting for sure.

I guess it's going to be long 400gram in weight given that the extended battery promises a 33%ish of extra flight time

That's why I didnt buy it back then and went from MM to Air2. Same drone with retooled motors, different firmware that enables its SDR to use occusync instead of wifi and allows recording 4k30.

Also shiny front light.

There are so many John Doe vs Don Joe products nowadays...

That's why I didnt buy it back then and went from MM to Air2. Same drone with retooled motors, different firmware that enables its SDR to use occusync instead of wifi and allows recording 4k30.

Also shiny front light.

There are so many John Doe vs Don Joe products nowadays...

Precisely my point for the past weeks lol.

I literally owned both air 2S and mini 2 until like 2 weeks ago. Bought due to pricing errors and flipped for a 207 euro total profit because I know mini 3 pro would sh** all over both of them.

As a matter of fact, I bought a air2S controller brand new over weekend for less than 40 euros lol.
Late may cannot come soon enough though

Reactions: EliteBleader
It will be interesting to see what the image quality is like. As we stand I see no reason to buy one.

It will be interesting to see what the image quality is like. As we stand I see no reason to buy one.
I see no reason to buy a mini 2 nor air 2S when I can get a mini 3 pro, which is cheaper and also able to have longer flight time than both of them, not to mention much better wind resistance then either of them combined

Reactions: basyok
You keep saying this, but it's your own personal definition, and therefore misleading.

The way the rest of us define it, the A2S has better wind tolerance, by a not insignificant margin.

In that case ‘the rest of you’ don’t know what you are talking about. A2S has worse wind resistance and actually by a very significant margin even.

A drone’s ability to frame/film the subject is tied to wind resistance.

Let me put it like this, imagine Air3 has paper “70KM/h” wind resistance, however, even with 10KM/h winds it can only shoot with the camera tilted down at -50 degrees.
Would you say Air3 has better wind resistance as A2S?

By your current logic you would be forced to say yes. So what you and the rest of you currently think about wind resistance literally means nothing, sorry

Also the camera in the mini 3 pro is much, better as well;
If you understand what f/1.7 vs Air2S f/2.8 means then you will also understand that even with a 20% difference in sensor size, mini 3 pro will still capture more light and have much, much better low light as well.

I realise that all the pre release footage I have seen was DJI sanctioned. Which is why it was probably not allowed to do a direct comparison with Air2S for night shooting. Once the real reviews and comparisons come out, Air2S will look pretty obsolete

Last edited:
Yes, having a much larger aperture is great for low light but the pixel size is still significantly smaller than the Air2S so I'd be very surprised if the dynamic range is better. For me, dynamic range > everything.

Reactions: itallica
Yes, having a much larger aperture is great for low light but the pixel size is still significantly smaller than the Air2S so I'd be very surprised if the dynamic range is better. For me, dynamic range > everything.

Actually mini 2 has bigger pixel size;
The 48MP are in a quad bayer configuration so effectively it is only 12MP, around 4000 by 3000. The air 2S sensor, while 20% larger, has nearly double the amount of pixels. So don’t be surprised if the 3 pro sensor ends up with a higher dynamic range. The 3pro resolution is lower in that case obviously

47 min battery is interesting, but I probably won't get one of those right off the bat.
In a way, the did come out with 2 versions, one of which weighs over 250 g, just as I had predicted:

"This offers a flight time of up to 47 minutes. The drone which means that you are no longer allowed to fly above non-involved persons in the EU."

:cool:
This part bothers me, Occusync 3, but not RC Pro?
Speaking out of ignorance, do I read this correctly that if you could only get one, you'd rather get the RC Pro?

I've never quite understood what the RC Pro does for you...

Occusync 3 is a very good thing for my interests. On Easter Sunday, I did a marathon flight that included my Mini-1, Mini-SE, and all three of my Mini-2s. Having Occusync 2 makes a huge difference in control signal quality and effective range. I have to assume that Occusync 3 is even better.

Thx,

MM

In a way, the did come out with 2 versions, one of which weighs over 250 g, just as I had predicted:

"This offers a flight time of up to 47 minutes. The drone which means that you are no longer allowed to fly above non-involved persons in the EU."

:cool:

Speaking out of ignorance, do I read this correctly that if you could only get one, you'd rather get the RC Pro?

I've never quite understood what the RC Pro does for you...

Occusync 3 is a very good thing for my interests. On Easter Sunday, I did a marathon flight that included my Mini-1, Mini-SE, and all three of my Mini-2s. Having Occusync 2 makes a huge difference in control signal quality and effective range. I have to assume that Occusync 3 is even better.

Thx,

MM
No not really two versions,one version with a little bigger battery option at a latter date probably.
So there is only one version ,two options would have been a non pro ,and the pro model.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake