DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fully Charged Battery Time

Phoenix Drone

Reactions
I have researched the battery university webpages but wanted to get input from others here. If you charge your batteries and then find you can’t fly for whatever reason, how long are you comfortable leaving them at 100%?

I have researched the battery university webpages but wanted to get input from others here. If you charge your batteries and then find you can’t fly for whatever reason, how long are you comfortable leaving them at 100%?

I personally would be ok 3-4 days then I’ll start feeling uncomfortable.

Im good for quite a while. Maybe a month. I’ve been using LiPos for a good long while in off-road RC stadium trucks. They all argue on their forums about storing them a specific voltages on forums. I am more susceptible to do that because I can hook it to my charger and set it specifically for a certain voltage. Also can drain it to a certain level and recharge to a full level any time with my RC charger. Unfortunately we can’t do that with DJI equipment.

DJI need to come out with a performance based charging system that allows advanced users the ability to cycle batteries and put them in a true storage mode without guessing.

Reactions: parkgt
The Mavic 2 batteries automatically start to discharge to a safe long term storage state (65%) after about 10 days of non-use.

I find myself worrying more about flying it down to a low-batt alarm and then not getting around to charging it back up to the 50-60% level for storage..... if its full and I don't fly I know the battery will discharge to an appropriate in 10 days

Ok, sorry I misunderstood. I’m not sure but I think you would be OK. I’m pretty sure the biggest issues occur when fully charged and at near zero for any length of time. I have noticed that the self-discharge rate on these batteries is very low so it would take a while to discharge to near zero. I’m sure there are others on this forum with more experience that can chime in.

I’m lucky that I have developed the habit of always recharging my batteries after I am done flying. It’s great because I can decide to go fly on a moments notice and not have to wait for them to charge.

Reactions: NoScreenNamesLeft
I am aware of the 10 day self discharge. It used to be adjustable. I bought ISDT FD-100 Smart Control Dischargers and made custom cables with XT connectors, it brings each cell to 3.85V.

I have 7 batteries and have so much fun I take each one to 15% in one outing and get a little over 2 hrs flight time. 20min * 7 = 140 min

Last edited:
Reactions: Thomas B
For those that don’t know, the self discharge function in our batteries, if you press the button to check the level before 10 days, it resets the timer and you have to wait another 10 days.
Seriously? That should not be a thing. I wouldn't think checking battery status should count as usage. Can the batteries receive firmware updates? Maybe it will be addressed at some point... if it's considered an important enough issue.

Im good for quite a while. Maybe a month. I’ve been using LiPos for a good long while in off-road RC stadium trucks. They all argue on their forums about storing them a specific voltages on forums. I am more susceptible to do that because I can hook it to my charger and set it specifically for a certain voltage. Also can drain it to a certain level and recharge to a full level any time with my RC charger. Unfortunately we can’t do that with DJI equipment.

DJI need to come out with a performance based charging system that allows advanced users the ability to cycle batteries and put them in a true storage mode without guessing.
I like my aftermarket charger for the inspire batteries that allows me to set to storage load at touch of a button. Would really like something similar for my mavs

More than 24h i start feeling bad....
Even i have to fly inside house to discharge...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54