DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fully charged, new battery does not initiate power sequence on M2P

Johnnypep

Reactions
Has anyone seen this or have any suggestions on what to do? Recently purchased a new M2P battery. Now only on it’s 9th charge. After last flight (exhibiting no problems), the battery took a full charge and indicates so on the battery’s power button. When the battery is inserted into the aircraft, and powered on, the button is fully illuminated but the aircraft will not initiate or suggest that it is receiving any power at all. I’ve looked at the battery’s health and trend charts within AIRDATA and nothing in that app suggests there is a problem. Any insight or recommendation on how to troubleshoot this further would be greatly appreciated. I have to cover a hot air balloon race tomorrow morning and desperately need to get this batt up & working.

Attachments

• 04380BA3-9F9C-4DF3-9870-C0A6E58B9140.jpeg
    04380BA3-9F9C-4DF3-9870-C0A6E58B9140.jpeg
    394.7 KB · Views: 26
if it refuses to power up the bird it is most likely a total kaput, whatever that is. you can try to find a way to discharge it to 0 and charge it back - but, i would toss it. or replace it from the seller, if you can. are you sure it is an original DJI one?

Has anyone seen this or have any suggestions on what to do? Recently purchased a new M2P battery. Now only on it’s 9th charge. After last flight (exhibiting no problems), the battery took a full charge and indicates so on the battery’s power button. When the battery is inserted into the aircraft, and powered on, the button is fully illuminated but the aircraft will not initiate or suggest that it is receiving any power at all. I’ve looked at the battery’s health and trend charts within AIRDATA and nothing in that app suggests there is a problem. Any insight or recommendation on how to troubleshoot this further would be greatly appreciated. I have to cover a hot air balloon race tomorrow morning and desperately need to get this batt up & working.

I’m assuming you don’t have another battery you could try?

Yes, I do. Two actually. Unlike the battery in question, these initiate the starting sequence and power up the drone completely.

if it refuses to power up the bird it is most likely a total kaput, whatever that is. you can try to find a way to discharge it to 0 and charge it back - but, i would toss it. or replace it from the seller, if you can. are you sure it is an original DJI one?
I thought about discharging it, but had the notion that it might void the warranty (if one exists). I’ve only had it a few weeks. Yes, I’m sure it’s a genuine DJI product. Bought it from one of those part-out operations on Amazon. If doing a rapid discharge is recommended as a certain, quick fix, do you happen to know of an an instructional on how to best do that?

I'd suggest just returning it. The flymore kit comes with an adapter that allows dji batteries to act like a power bank for other usb devices. But I don't think it is a quick discharger. There are commercial dischargers but they are not cheap.

Don't try to discharge it. DJI counts the warranty according to the date on the invoice. Contact DJI support and go from there.

Reactions: Johnnypep
I thought about discharging it, but had the notion that it might void the warranty (if one exists). I’ve only had it a few weeks. Yes, I’m sure it’s a genuine DJI product. Bought it from one of those part-out operations on Amazon. If doing a rapid discharge is recommended as a certain, quick fix, do you happen to know of an an instructional on how to best do that?
if it is one from amazon - do not even think twice, just return it for free with a 'item not working' reason, and that`s it. if it failed once it can do it again, no need to take any risk there.

Reactions: Johnnypep
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent