DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Galaxy s10 no longer runs fly app

scro

Reactions
Anyone else using a galaxy s10? Mine did a major android update yesterday and now doesn't seem to run the fly app. It was working fine prior to this. I did get the fly app to run once, after trying a fresh reinstall of the app, but not again since. The app just gets stuck on a white screen with the dji logo at the bottom:(

Anyone else using a galaxy s10? Mine did a major android update yesterday and now doesn't seem to run the fly app. It was working fine prior to this. I did get the fly app to run once, after trying a fresh reinstall of the app, but not again since. The app just gets stuck on a white screen with the dji logo at the bottom:(
its probably that the new update changed how the galaxy responds to certain apps, you should be able to see what the update altered in about

May I suggest you try to uninstall then re-install the app.

I'm on a Galaxy 9+, and after a recent update, I too experienced problems. In my case, the app would launch and I was able to take-off, but after a couple of minutes none of the onscreen buttons responded anymore. I would have to close the app and open in up again - in flight - for it to work.

An uninstall/re-install seems to have fixed the problem.

I hope this works for you too.

Cheers!

Tried uninstall/reinstall, as mentioned in my original post. The update was from android 9 to 10. Anyone else got the fly app running ok on android 10?

Tried uninstall/reinstall, as mentioned in my original post. The update was from android 9 to 10. Anyone else got the fly app running ok on android 10?
Ahh...... my mistake, I must have missed that.

Apologies!

Reactions: scro
Thanks @StubbornSwiss and @MavicPilotGermany Looks like android 10 and the fly app aren't good mates yet.

Update: galaxy s10 (and s10e, s10+) seem to work fine with the fly app when running android 9. Update to android 10 and it's quite likely that fly app won't work.

Last edited:
Looks like android 10 and the fly app aren't good mates yet.
I fly my mini with a Mi 9T Pro and have no problems on Android 10. Maybe it is related to the Samsung S10.

I have the same issue.
I think our Mavic Mini became a nice and expensive Christmas tree decoration!
I hope DJI solves that fast!

BTW: I already tried everything (reinstall, turn off the gesture, etc.)

You need to do it in the way frop the upper posts. Haveyi deleate all the files? Also do it it the order above.
I have the same issue.
I think our Mavic Mini became a nice and expensive Christmas tree decoration!
I hope DJI solves that fast!

BTW: I already tried everything (reinstall, turn off the gesture, etc.)

You need to do it in the way frop the upper posts. Haveyi deleate all the files? Also do it it the order above.
I got the Fly app to run on s10/android 10, but just 1 time, and only immediately after a uninstall/delete folder/reinstall. I've repeated the process and had the exact same result: The app runs just 1 time and only straight after a fresh clean install.

Last edited:
Took the slightly daunting step of downgrading back to Android 9... Success!! Fly now seems to be running reliably again on my Galaxy S10.

While waiting a long time for the firmware (5gb from a throttled download site takes a long time!) I flew the MM with no phone connected to the controller. Very good for honing the VLOS skills as you have NO other feedback from the drone. Even managed to get some useable stills by presetting the gimbal and hoping for the best. I think it's easy to get complacent and rely too much on the FPV and map for orientation and location.

Reactions: old man mavic
As it is a nice piece of hardware with junk software, I'll wait a while to see if they solve before returning it and ask for my money back.
I think two weeks is a reasonable time for them to fix it. What do you think?

Wait for Samsung, or wait for DJI? ? Both the S10 and Mini are nice pieces of hardware. You could argue that either has junk software.

Downgrade back to android 9 and all works again, or wait indefinitely until Samsung or DJI resolve the incompatibility. A escolha e sua ?

Reactions: GreyFalcon
Wait for Samsung, or wait for DJI? ? Both the S10 and Mini are nice pieces of hardware. You could argue that either has junk software.

Downgrade back to android 9 and all works again, or wait indefinitely until Samsung or DJI resolve the incompatibility. A escolha e sua ?
I went with an older refurbished LG V20 and absolutely no issues and connects much better than my Note9

I have almost 100 apps installed on my phone, including other drone apps, and the only that I'm having this issue is DJI Fly. That's why I understand that we must to wait for DJI. Does make sense for you?
Regarding your suggestion, If I downgrade de OS I'll lost the phone warranty, so I don't believe it's an option.

@Renbrant I used this guide to downgrade without affecting warranty:

I agree that the onus is on DJI to come up with a fix, especial as it's not the only incompatibility for their app. However, earlier beta releases of the S10 android 10 upgrade worked ok with DJI fly, so the only thing to change was the final release of Android 10 from Samsung.

Tem levado seu drone pra Pedra Grande perto de Atibaia? Uns paisagens lindos lá, mas tem que tomar cuidado com as asa-deltas!

Anyone else using a galaxy s10?
I have been using the Fly App on my S10+ with Android 10 Beta all the way through Beta 7 and now on full Android 10 without any issues whatsoever. My Pixel 4 XL also works quite well with the Fly App although it does not show up on DJI compatible phone list. My S10+ has a snapdragon processor. Several people on a different forum PM me and all that were having issues had Exynos processor. I was able to get one Exynos user to unsinstall the app, delete all remaining DJI Fly app files still on his phone and then delete the cache in his OS. After rebooting his phone he hasn't had any further issues. Sometimes when your smartphone receives a major update some old data hangs in the OS cache that creates issues for some of the previously installed Apps. Don't know if this information will help but thought I'd share anyway.

Reactions: scro
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlaut