DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Galaxy S5 USB Connection Issue

kitanosora

Reactions
Hello,
This is my first post here, as I have always been able to fine solutions to my questions and problems through a quick search. Thanks for that, this place is amazing! This time I'm stumped though.

Woke up this morning to a light dusting of April snow, low fog and puffy clouds, and a beautiful sunrise softly lighting it all. Grabbed Mavic and headed outside.

However, I couldn't get the apps, (go4 or litchi) to connect to the remote. No matter what I tried, my galaxy S5 goes to charging only mode. Even in developer options, if I try to select MTP, or any other mode for that matter, it asks me which app I'd like to use, but the quickly goes back to USB charging mode. Also wiped the data cache on the phone, but no change. Am I doomed to spend half my day dealing with a factory reset on the phone? Any alternative suggestions would be appreciated.

Now the sun is high, clouds are gone, and snow is melting...

Samsung S5, what android version ? Mine doesn’t ask me to choose any mode it just works fine

Android 6.0.1

I should also mention that I have tried several high quality usb cables with no luck. The phone does connect to pc, however. I can also connect to Mavic fine with my galaxy s2 tablet.

Never had any problems with the S5 until this. Something must have happened in the phone, just wondering if anyone else out there has experienced something like this. If there is a solution other than factory reset or rooting, I would like to know.

Reactions: MarkO
Android 6.0.1

I should also mention that I have tried several high quality usb cables with no luck. The phone does connect to pc, however. I can also connect to Mavic fine with my galaxy s2 tablet.

Never had any problems with the S5 until this. Something must have happened in the phone, just wondering if anyone else out there has experienced something like this. If there is a solution other than factory reset or rooting, I would like to know.
What cable are you using to connect to the controller?

I usually use an Anker cable from the bottom of the controller. I have also tried with the stock mavic cable, other working usb cables, and even a usb 3 cable.

Make sure USB debugging is turned on in DJI Go4 settings.

You will find this on front page by clicking on the "me" icon bottom right then on the "cog" ion top right.
This must be on for Go4 to connect to phone.
1523403072599.png

Reactions: kitanosora
Make sure USB debugging is turned on in DJI Go4 settings.

You will find this on front page by clicking on the "me" icon bottom right then on the "cog" ion top right.
This must be on for Go4 to connect to phone.

Thank you for the tip, I didn't think of that. However, it is already enabled...

Might be a loose connection on the phone port. I had an old phone that would always charge fine, but in order for it to connect to a computer and stay connected, you had to kind of push down on the connector and hold it, else it would drop the connection for file transfers and only charge.

So I tried pushing and wiggling the usb connector in the phone, but no luck. I plugged the phone into the pc once again and it connects fine. Stays in MTP mode.

I decided to uninstall my dji apps from my phone, starting with litchi. After uninstalling litchi, I tried dji go4 and it connected! The strange thing, or maybe not so strange since I never bothered to check before, is that even when connect to the mavic with go4 the phone's usb mode says it's in charging mode. It still won't switch to any other mode while connected to the controller. Not even through developer options. But it works, so that's good.

Can anyone else confirm this? What usb mode is you device in when connected to the mavic? I'll probably reinstall go4 just to check, and I haven't put litchi back on yet.

Thanks for listening!

So I tried pushing and wiggling the usb connector in the phone, but no luck. I plugged the phone into the pc once again and it connects fine. Stays in MTP mode.

I decided to uninstall my dji apps from my phone, starting with litchi. After uninstalling litchi, I tried dji go4 and it connected! The strange thing, or maybe not so strange since I never bothered to check before, is that even when connect to the mavic with go4 the phone's usb mode says it's in charging mode. It still won't switch to any other mode while connected to the controller. Not even through developer options. But it works, so that's good.

Can anyone else confirm this? What usb mode is you device in when connected to the mavic? I'll probably reinstall go4 just to check, and I haven't put litchi back on yet.

Thanks for listening!
It's normal to charge while plugged in. It's supposed to do that.

This is a common problem with Samsung. Samsung defaults USB to "charge", so there is no good permanent fix other than removing all other app's and using DJI GO4 only. Sucks DJI can't update the software to address this issue.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada