DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Galaxy Tab A7 issues with Air2

RParker762

Reactions
So I bought a Galaxy Tab A7 from Costco at the end of last year, 2021, in hopes of using it with my Air2 and Air2s. After getting a suitable mount and cable that works, I tried to fly it yesterday evening. Flew fine and image was stable but when I switched from photo to video and hit record, the app froze. Restarted the app but the drone never reconnected to it. Controller stayed connected so I wasn't worried. After the app restarted and the image never returned, I noticed it was still recording and had telemetry. App is the same version that is on my phone, 1.4.4. Haven't felt the need to update it since it seems to be a good stable version. My phone, Samsung Note 10+ works great with 1.4.4. I want to drop the cash on the Tripletek but seems every tablet I buy that says it will work with the drone, doesn't. Any ideas as what to try to make this one work?

Did you get the 32gb one, or the 64gb one? I have the 64gb one, has more ram. Seems to run fine, I'll try to replicate whet you described and see.

Reactions: Rotorfreak
I would update the Fly app to a newer version ant check. There are many versions to check after 1.4.4.

So I bought a Galaxy Tab A7 from Costco at the end of last year, 2021, in hopes of using it with my Air2 and Air2s. After getting a suitable mount and cable that works, I tried to fly it yesterday evening. Flew fine and image was stable but when I switched from photo to video and hit record, the app froze. Restarted the app but the drone never reconnected to it. Controller stayed connected so I wasn't worried. After the app restarted and the image never returned, I noticed it was still recording and had telemetry. App is the same version that is on my phone, 1.4.4. Haven't felt the need to update it since it seems to be a good stable version. My phone, Samsung Note 10+ works great with 1.4.4. I want to drop the cash on the Tripletek but seems every tablet I buy that says it will work with the drone, doesn't. Any ideas as what to try to make this one work?
I have a Tab A7 lite that I use with a M2 zoom with no trouble. I fly with the video on but sometimes I hit the photo and did not know it until I look up my takes on the tablet. I have bought other tablets that did not work. The A7 was bought in 2021.

Reactions: Rotorfreak
I also bought the Mini 2 and Galaxy Tab A7 Lite at the end of 2021. I had tried to use my phone (Nexus 6) as a monitor but runs a 32mhz system so the DJI Fly app would NOT even download and if I tried from the DJI site in lieu of Google Play Store the download would fail and a message stating that my phone was 'Not Compatible'. After digging into this I found that the monitor you wish to use (phone or tablet) must have minimum 2g of RAM, a 64 bit operating system. My Tab A Lite runs at 64bits and has 3 g of ram. I have flown the Mini 2 several times and so far so good. I don't use my phone as a 'hotspot' and haven't had issues yet, but I also haven't finished testing all features yet because of weather. So far so good. I will eventually buy a Smart Controller but right now there's 'No Stock' anywhere. I assume DJI will launch a new 'Mini' and a new Smart Controller with an integrated monitor. I'll be buying one of those when they're available.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrose