DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Galaxy tab s2 - dji go wifi

Zak961

Reactions
Hello guys
Whenever i connect my samsung galaxy s2 to the controller and the craft is on the tablet disconnect from wifi suddenly and wont connect back
I need wifi to update the firmware and instead of 3g or 4g to fly as well
Please.help

I have the T713 model of that Tablet. I rooted it and then flashed Lineage 14.1. Never had any problems every since. I found the stock samsung ROM was terrible. If you are familair with rooting and flashing android devices you might want to give it a try.

I have the T713 model of that Tablet. I rooted it and then flashed Lineage 14.1. Never had any problems every since. I found the stock samsung ROM was terrible. If you are familair with rooting and flashing android devices you might want to give it a try.
Actually im not
Can u guide?

Hello guys
Whenever i connect my samsung galaxy s2 to the controller and the craft is on the tablet disconnect from wifi suddenly and wont connect back
I need wifi to update the firmware and instead of 3g or 4g to fly as well
Please.help
That's not specific to your S2 and will happen with any other phone or tablet as long as you want to use 2.4ghz wifi.
The Mavic remote has a very high 2.4ghz rf output power which overrides wifi easily.

You have several options:
- setup your wifi router for a second network on 5.8ghz and connect to that one.
- use a long USB cable to get distance between phone/tablet and both Mavic and remote.
- Place your phone/tablet near to the wifi router within few meters and place remote and Mavic more far away as cable allows.

That's not specific to your S2 and will happen with any other phone or tablet as long as you want to use 2.4ghz wifi.
The Mavic remote has a very high 2.4ghz rf output power which overrides wifi easily.

You have several options:
- setup your wifi router for a second network on 5.8ghz and connect to that one.
- use a long USB cable to get distance between phone/tablet and both Mavic and remote.
- Place your phone/tablet near to the wifi router within few meters and place remote and Mavic more far away as cable allows.

so you mean the tablet should be far from remote? how can I even fly the drone this way?
what if I aim tethering mobile data to the tablet using my other phone? means the tablet will be using wifi as well no?

so you mean the tablet should be far from remote? how can I even fly the drone this way?
what if I aim tethering mobile data to the tablet using my other phone? means the tablet will be using wifi as well no?

Tether on 5Ghz if your phone and tablet support it.
honestly though I haven't had any problems since changing roms. I will have to look and see if there still is an issue with 2.4ghz tethering with my tablets.
As for changing ROMs. Its not a simple process. I probably should have written a guide when I did mine, as it was a lot of trial and error. If you want to learn more find your device on XDA-Developers.com There is a ton of information on how to do, though its kind of scattered.

That's intended if you are at home and want to update the Mavic, not for flying.
In the field you should switch the tablet to airplane mode. You can download offline maps before at home while connected to wifi.

Glad to say that DJI fixed the Samsung S2 tablet connection issue with the latest firmware update (1000). No more restarting the tablet to get it connected. Thanks DJI !!!

Glad to say that DJI fixed the Samsung S2 tablet connection issue with the latest firmware update (1000). No more restarting the tablet to get it connected. Thanks DJI !!!
Actually cancel that. It seems even worse now. Just by chance I had it connected and could switch easily between DJI and Litchi apps. But the next day when I tried it, all kinds of problems. It will still work the old way by powering off the S2, except now it is really difficult to connect to Litchi. DJI Go 4 is much easier to connect. What a pile this Samsung S2 is. Maybe I'll try rooting it.

6.0.1 on the tab S2 is most stable for GO. No crashes but you have to restart or power on the tablet after everything else.

I was considering the Samsung Galaxy Tab but fortunately read about this and other issues with it when researching for an Android tablet for flying my Mavic. Settled on the Asus Zenpad 10.1" tablet and couldn't be happier with it. Is your Galaxy Tab within the return period?

-Joe

I have a TabPro that worked fine and reliably with the Samsung KitKat image - although the FPV was slightly choppy. I rooted it and installed Lineage 13, and while the video is smoother now, I do fight with the connection pretty frequently. Certainly not optimal. If Lineage 14 works great on the S2, that would be good to know...

LP

Lineage 14 fixes the USB connection issue but GO crashes a fair bit as it's Nougat based. I've tried every combination!

Official Marshmallow
Official Nougat
Lineage Nougat

There is no Lineage 13 unfortunately, for a lot of the devices that suffer with this issue.

There is a possibility that changing the kernel on the official Samsung 6.0.1 build may fix things. This is a tip from one of the guys reverse engineering GO and the Mavic. I will be looking in to this over the coming week.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000