DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Galaxy Tab S4: is 4GB enough storage?

Joymaker

Reactions
I'm looking at the Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 for a variety of reasons, and flying my Mavic Pro is an important one. The only thing causing me to hesitate right now is that it has only 4 GB of internal storage. I'm I going to regret that?

I know that the video is stored on the card in the drone, but some logs and such are stored in the tablet. How big a deal is this going to be?

I have even tried my old Galaxy Tab S2 (SM-T810) with my Mavic Pro and it worked without any problems, so the S4 should do even better.
And 4GB RAM size (don't mix up with Flash memory) implies to be a 64 bit Android system, so even the new DJI Fly app should run.

Really? No actual tablet has only 4GB flash memory, especially the S4 has at least 64GB of memory built in and can be enhanced via microSD card.

I use a Samsung S4 tablet with my Mavic Air and it works great for me with DJI GO 4 app
4G of RAM is the minimum you want to get (from what I have researched) and that is what the S4 has.
As a note of interest is I have tried to use it to run Dronelink but kept running into telemetry issues which I think was caused by the 4G RAM. 6G of RAM would be better.
Not sure about the Mavic Pro but 4G RAM should be plenty to to operate it with the Samsung S4 Tab.

I have a Tab S4. Mine is 256gb storage, 4gb ram plus sd card storage of 400gb.

the Tab S4 4gb is only the memory for android, it is not the actual storage capacity of the tablet.

The S4 will run Go4 just fine. It is a great tablet.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123