DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Garmin Glo 2

Sheppie

Reactions
Just received my Garmin Glo 2 from Amazon on Saturday and it solved my red location icon problem. For those of you that are using a Ipad wifi only or a android tablet without GPS this is a must buy.

Is this it ?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Just received my Garmin Glo 2 from Amazon on Saturday and it solved my red location icon problem. For those of you that are using a Ipad wifi only or a android tablet without GPS this is a must buy.
Are you needing to reset the Home Point to the RC location during flight because you are moving with the RC?

If not, the directional location of the original Home Point relative to the aircraft should exclusively be a compass issue and not a GPS issue. All iPads already have a compass, which may occasionally need to be recalibrated, if the direction orientation displays incorrectly.

Are you needing to reset the Home Point to the RC location during flight because you are moving with the RC?

If not, the directional location of the original Home Point relative to the aircraft should exclusively be a compass issue and not a GPS issue. All iPads already have a compass, which may occasionally need to be recalibrated, if the direction orientation displays incorrectly.
All I can say is before I started using the Garmin my Aircraft orientation icon was white but it was not accurate at all. Since using the Garmin it has been spot on accurate.

All I can say is before I started using the Garmin my Aircraft orientation icon was white but it was not accurate at all. Since using the Garmin it has been spot on accurate.
So you have no need to reset the home point to the RC location during flight? Are you able to successfully do so with the Garmin device?

I will check and see next time that I fly.
The reason I ask is that ability does not currently work correctly on cellular iPads, so I would be surprised if it worked correctly using external BT GPS devices. The workaround for those that need to reset the homepoint during flight while moving is to keep resetting the home point to the current aircraft location while it follows you.

Thanks for the reply. I order a Garmin Glo 2 that arrived yesterday. I am in the process of determining if it helps my situation. I use an IPAD mini 4 wi-fi only. The directional arrow at the bottom of the dji fly app appear when I am flying however, at times it turns red during the flight. It does not happen all the time so I figured I would give it a try. When the wind subside, I will run some test flights to determine if it help my situation.

I flew yesterday using the Garmin Glo 2 and it was very accurate. It for some reason it does not click in until the drone is about 50 feet away but then it stays on. Before I fly I always calibrate my compass on my Ipad Mini 5 using the Compass X app.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mth0d