DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GAS...

alfaholic

Reactions
Hello everyone,

I have Mavic Pro fly more combo now for more than a year. It is most of the time in my drawer, but when the weather is nice or I am shooting something commercially I really enjoy my flying. I am thinking about my investment and how it stays in my drawer most of the time, however I remember Red Forman (that 70's show) once said that having a snow shovel does not mean you should use it in June.
Now I am thinking about Mavic 2 Pro, yes there is slightly better IQ, and all other bells and whistles, however I am thinking about my original Mavic Pro and how it will old. These things do not have very good resale value, at least in this part of the world, people usually crash their drones so it is rare that people buy drones second hand, also batteries have their life expectancy, then it is unclear for how log will DJI support this old(er) drone, and so on. This is my main concern, I would not like to end up with a product that in a year or two no one will want to buy, and DJI do not support anymore.
Also I am aware that this is GAS taking its role in my head.

What do you think about this?

Thanks...

I bought the original Mavic Pro when it came out for $1K and sold it two years later for $750 so I could buy the Mavic 2. I don't think that was such a bad deal for me. ( I sold it on THIS site's Classified section very quickly.)

Where I DID lose too much money was on all the accessories that I purchased - most of which I didn't need and/or rarely used, but I got caught up in the hype and thrill of having a new toy and buying everything I could to complement it. I won't make that mistake (again) with the Mavic 2. When I sold my original Mavic 1, I included (almost) all the accessories in the sale since they weren't compatible with the Mavic 2 anyway.

So this go-around I bought the Mavic 2 Pro with the Flymore combo, so I got everything I really needed: bag, charger, extra batteries. I bought just a few ND filters and a new skin for it, and I'm done with accessories.

Save your money on useless accessories and put it toward something that you'll really need, like a better tablet or faster computer to edit video.

Hope someone else learns from my experience.

the problem with tech is the speed at which development moves what is new today is old tomorrow only get the latest if you really need it and have a use for it

Reactions: alfaholic
the problem with tech is the speed at which development moves what is new today is old tomorrow only get the latest if you really need it and have a use for it

Exactly. Nothing really wrong with the original Mavic, of course IQ is nothing to brag about, but still even Mavic 2 Pro footage I played with is faulty in so many ways if I want to look at it that way, so as that old saying: the more things change, the more they stay the same.
That is why I have plan to keep the original Mavic, just thinking about for how long it will stay relevant when it comes to IQ and resale price, and for how long DJI will support it.

I love original Mavic pro.

I fly Matrice 210 at work, but my personal drone is a mavic and I think it’s a wonderful piece of machinery.

As a side note, I feel that all the features and gizmos for mavic are quite well refined compared to Matrice and the pilot app. Matrice is a fantastic platform but I feel the software engineers haven’t finished building the pilot app, and there are some really annoying things, like the inability to bulk transfer images from the aircraft to a pc without removing the sd cards.

Mavic pro is A solid little drone.

DJI are very good at marketing they release new features and updates to keep there position in the market place there is not much difference between the mp1 and mp2 apart from a different camera, sensors and a few different flight modes they are like apple in the way they use peoples perceived need for the latest model of their products what i do not agree with is the way they stop support for products they sell and force you to purchase the latest tech but that has been the norm in all types of products for many years

Exactly. Nothing really wrong with the original Mavic, of course IQ is nothing to brag about, but still even Mavic 2 Pro footage I played with is faulty in so many ways if I want to look at it that way, so as that old saying: the more things change, the more they stay the same.
That is why I have plan to keep the original Mavic, just thinking about for how long it will stay relevant when it comes to IQ and resale price, and for how long DJI will support it.

Of course the flip side is - if you can afford it, well you can’t take your money with you so why not enjoy your hobby with the latest and greatest?

I love my M2P but then I only have the Air and not an original MP. I love the Air but it is a slightly different tool so can more easily justify having both.

there is nothing wrong with getting the latest tech i moved from my phantom 3 standard to my mavic pro platinum simply for the OcuSync tech as opposed to wifi on ph3 not because i wanted to fly for 4 miles away but for the more stable connection between the controller and the UAV

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest