DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

G'Day from Ottawa, Canada

Roger Ramjet

Reactions
Hi - I just popped my drone cherry. Even though I did lots of prep reading on this site and DJI's, I still found the setup to be painful and confusing. I guess there's also the possibility that I'm a complete idiot. I'll go halvesies and say an incomplete idiot :)

Now I know there's varying info - it's because everyone has a different experience initializing the drone. You just stumble through until it works. I don't know if it's because of the Black Friday sale or what but I noticed a lag in DJI's server when I was trying to register my account. Perhaps the traffic was also the reason for a painfully slow process for initializing the drone at my end. But it flies and that's what counts.

Just waiting for everything to recharge,

Roger and out :)

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Hi - I just popped my drone cherry. Even though I did lots of prep reading on this site and DJI's, I still found the setup to be painful and confusing. I guess there's also the possibility that I'm a complete idiot. I'll go halvesies and say an incomplete idiot :)

Now I know there's varying info - it's because everyone has a different experience initializing the drone. You just stumble through until it works. I don't know if it's because of the Black Friday sale or what but I noticed a lag in DJI's server when I was trying to register my account. Perhaps the traffic was also the reason for a painfully slow process for initializing the drone at my end. But it flies and that's what counts.

Just waiting for everything to recharge,

Roger and out :)
Howdy from Wyoming Roger Ramjet, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

I found it pretty easy to set up, plenty of great YouTube tutorials out there

Fly safely and congrats on the purchase

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S