DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gearbest shipping delay - is it normal?

paulatkin73

Reactions
Hi, just wander if anybody here had ordered from them. I took advantage of their coupon, saved about of $300+ on the m2p - but, order was placed on jan 5th and now they say estimated shipping date to be jan 18th or so. As it is winter here :) - it is not an end of the world, but, annoying. Is it a typical thing for them, to sale with "in stock" status and then be unable to ship?

DJI is saying the same thing about their new controller, blaming the delay on US customs delays.

I have not had the best experience with Gearbest, but Im curious how you will make out.

DJI is saying the same thing about their new controller, blaming the delay on US customs delays.

I have not had the best experience with Gearbest, but Im curious how you will make out.
I bought some stuff from them before, components only - and shipping was not delayed, but, it was long ago. I prefer to get all stuff from Amazon now. What issues you had?

Some items were not as described, others were ordered, paid for, and then canceled by them and refunded a week or two later.
I see. Well, i hope mine will eventually turn out ok, will see. I do not have much expectations, but can only hope they will ship a sealed dji package. :) Will see if $300 discount was worth it.

Reactions: Former Member
I see. Well, i hope mine will eventually turn out ok, will see. I do not have much expectations, but can only hope they will ship a sealed dji package. :) Will see if $300 discount was worth it.

I try to pay with my insured credit card just in case there are any problems. How did you pay?

I would check it thoroughly to make sure it's new and that all the parts are there.
yeah, it is always a gamble. but, i have had some dealings with Chinese suppliers, when i built my tarot i got pretty much whole thing - frame and required parts from a shady 'nephew' of a tarot ceo - a dude apparently opened a shady internet store to sell parts he could carry out from the factory. fun stuff. i would hope they will not be sending outright used gear or returned packages, but, who knows. odd that i am apparently the first one here, or the craziest one :) who ordered m2p from that gearbest.

I ordered my M2Z for $999 then a day later picked up the FMK for $319 and both came in perfect shape 2 weeks later. I have ordered several items from GearBest, never had a problem.

I have used Gearbest for a few years already, i have always paid via paypal.

In December I ordered a Zoom and shipping was delayed by a week, 2 days latter they showed that if you order now shipping will delayed by 2 weeks. My order was shipped 1 week after I placed my order as they stated it would.

Shipping delays are normal when large discount coupons are offered, they do not have enough stock immediately and know that they can fulfill your order in 2 weeks. This is normal with such huge discount coupons. that is why they can do those huge discounts some times as then the do not carry the stock, as it arrives it goes out to you immediately.

huh, so, my gearbest adventure has failed - they pulled my leg with promises to get it shipped on 18th, so, 18th passed, no updates, now i just chatted with them and they said - item will be re-stocked on jan 25-28th, so, i think it was just a one big fat chinese lie. heck with them, i cancelled and got it from amazon. now it will be an adventure to get money back. they say order is cancelled and refund will get to me in 48hrs back to paypal, but, no email came so far and order page still stays the same. but, it is winter, so, no big deal.

so - lesson learned - gearbest has proven to be a complete and upmost garbage once again.

Sorry to hear that. I was hoping it was going to work out for you. Im glad you used Paypal. I have had this experience with them before as well. See my post #4.

Sorry to hear that. I was hoping it was going to work out for you. Im glad you used Paypal. I have had this experience with them before as well. See my post #4.
anything that looks to good to be true, usually, is. :) like a $347 discount on the m2p. may be if i would waited for an another month i would get it, then it would be shipping for 20 days, well, enough is enough.

it is ok. i will get it now on Tuesday, i hope. still hope to see that zoom camera to arrive in a working shape, it was shipped and is travelling now, at least. will see how that will work out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803