DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

General GPS issues?

basyok

Reactions
I'm guessing this has already been discussed, but when I first started hearing about GPS issues, it was exclusive to the Mavic 3, or so I thought.

Anyway, I used to get upwards of 20 or more satellites locked in on my MA2, as with my previous Spark. I'm just noticing now, flying in the same location, that I'm only getting 14 satellites. What's going on? Could it be a seasonal thing? Like more satellites in view during certain times of day or times of year, or just totally random times? Unlikely because my phone gets more satellites when navigating on the ground though. Is this a general DJI issue now?

Get a GPS app on your phone to find out what satellites are available at the location.

My dashcam app says there's 20 to 35 satellites. I flew for years from this location, at different times of day, and different times of the year and I'd always have 19 to 25 satellites showing in the fly app. I can't remember when i started getting lower numbers - 14 to 16 consistently, but it's my new normal now. I've calibrated everything several times in this period, no effect.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rudyr