DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gesture lost control

Heron

Reactions
Problem? gesture launch and fly, no problem. I was on a balcony, and ac descended below my palm control, and no longer responded to gestures

Was unit in a crash? no, luckily I went to ground floor (ac was 7ft above ground, 3 ft below balcony above, where I initiated flight) I was unable to regain gesture control, so I grabbed ac while in flight (hovering) and removed battery. (I forgot about tilting to shutdown motors! I should have done that, it would have prevented my thumb in propeller! OUCH!)

What have you tried so far? not tried again. My question is this: Can I regain RC control while ac is in flight after gesture launch?

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)? no device, hand only

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? don't know how to find this info

What Go app version are you using? DJI Go 4, v4.3.24

Any modification? (if so what) n/a

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what) no

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? (if so post link) no

how do you think the drone sees your gestures,could it be the cameras on the front ,when it went below you it could no longer see you

Yes, I‘m sure that’s the reason, but 1) Why could I not RE-connect when I got myself back in view of the cameras? and 2) Is it possible to connect the RC at this point, while the ac is hovering in flight?

cant give you an answer i am afraid as i do not own a mavic air, if as you say you did a gesture launch i am not sure how you knew that you had a GPS lock, and do you get a message to say home point recorded, i would have thought that you would need the controller on and a device to see that all was well before you took off and then you select gesture mode sorry i could not help

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlafica