DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Get pics onto an editor

DroneCT

Reactions
Hi all! New Mini 2 pilot here. I am able to get my drone pics and video from the SD card onto my PC. Once the pics are on the PC how does a photo editor like Lightroom or DaVinci “find” those photos? Do I just open the editor and search for the pics? Or do I right click on the file and use “send to”
Just a bit confusing.....
Thanks

• Haha
Reactions: gogorokokoko
I'm no photography/videography pro, but, as far as computer programs go, I'm fairly aware! That being said, most any program that will let you import files will allow you to drag and drop whatever file you need from one location to the other. If not, on the toolbar (top of screen) click "file" > "import" > "browse" (as long as you know the file location!) Open that file to import it into your editor.

Reactions: DJayI and DroneCT
Dump your card into a folder and name it. Open whatever you
are editing and pull from that folder.

Hi all! New Mini 2 pilot here. I am able to get my drone pics and video from the SD card onto my PC. Once the pics are on the PC how does a photo editor like Lightroom or DaVinci “find” those photos? Do I just open the editor and search for the pics? Or do I right click on the file and use “send to”
Thanks
I drag and drop to a folder I designated with the SD card in a card reader, then select the files on the SD card and delete them and empty trash on my computer..... eject card and replace in my drone.

Reactions: dirkclod and DJayI
Thanks

If you’re using Lightroom, just go to File, Import and point to where you have stored the images that you transferred from your SD card. Make sure you have selected ‘Copy’ in the top of the import window. Lightroom will ‘include’ the files into its library and copy over the metadata for each image. Lightroom will not make any changes to your original imported files.

Don’t be surprised if some of your images look a little bit flat - especially DNG (RAW) files as it applies a default Adobe profile to what you see in the viewer. In most cases you will need to increase contrast, boost saturation and apply some sharpness to get the best out of your drone images.

There are many Lightroom and Davinci Resolve users on this forum if you need any assistance.

Reactions: DroneCT and PJordan
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTBennett00