DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Getting a strange error as soon as I take off

ONealCJ

Reactions
As soon as I take off, I'm getting a Warning Motor Idling: (Propeller Loose or Missing). I verified all props are properly installed. I have recalibrate IMU and problem still occurres as soon as I take off. Issue does not appear while Mavic is at idle - only once I take off.

Try removing the props and checking the motors with your hands, do they all feel the same? , rotate each one and feel the bearings, give a gentle pull up and does one move more than the others ?

Do they all sound the same ,check they are fitted correctly, no damage ect.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Checked everything as mentioned and no issues were present. Bought some electronic cleaner (air) and blew out the motors. Will try to fly again tomorrow to see if that changes anything.

Checked everything as mentioned and no issues were present. Bought some electronic cleaner (air) and blew out the motors. Will try to fly again tomorrow to see if that changes anything.

Take a video for proof.. then DJI will notice it ..and probably contact you .. as they would be concerned too..

Have you mounted the right prop to the motor?
It's not possible to mount a prop on the wrong motor. When you push the prop down and twist it to lock it into place, the prop will not twist if it's on the wrong motor.

Yes all props are properly installed and flights appear to have no issues. No abnormal temps from the motors post flight, no issues other than warning appearing on screen as soon as the Mavic takes off.

It's not possible to mount a prop on the wrong motor. When you push the prop down and twist it to lock it into place, the prop will not twist if it's on the wrong motor.

Thx

I don't have Mavic, so can't go deeper. Waiting to win a lottery.

Stranger than fiction. Please post what you find.

No resolution to the issue. Been in contact with DJI - customer service just keeps repeating to recalibrate the Mavic.

Yeah, they had me recalibrate everything a number of times. I'm refreshing the firmware after a factory reset now.

Just spent a while on with support. I ended up making a video to show the problem (at their request). It is messy, but here it is, in case you want to see if it's the same:

They are sending me a replacement ... we'll see how long that takes ... (pretty frustrating given that it took a month and a half to get the first one and I spent a few hours convincing them that there is a problem).

I am in this same boat. I get the exact same error no matter how many calibrations/upgrades/downgrades I do. They are getting me a replacement as well. It didn't happen when I first took off. It seemed to happen immediately after flying around in sport mode

Did you guys try a completely different set of blades? Nice to get a new one though.

Reactions: Desiboyz
I tried a completely different set. I'm not sure if this is the reason for the error but I do notice that my white marked blades have a paper thin amount of play between the motor pod and the props where my black blades do not have any play at all.
I wish I could resolve this without sending back because everything else works flawlessly so far.

Just spent a while on with support. I ended up making a video to show the problem (at their request). It is messy, but here it is, in case you want to see if it's the same:

They are sending me a replacement ... we'll see how long that takes ... (pretty frustrating given that it took a month and a half to get the first one and I spent a few hours convincing them that there is a problem).

How long did it take for your turn around? I spoke with online support at DJI and they instructed me to send just the mavic body... Meanwhile, I had a ticket in to DJI's email support and when they finally replied, they instructed me to send everything back. But I already sent just the mavic body! Did you send just the mavic body or did you send battery, transmitter and cables back as well?

Exact same issue I am encountering. Going to contact support again to see what they wish to be done to resolve this.

How long did it take for your turn around? I spoke with online support at DJI and they instructed me to send just the mavic body... Meanwhile, I had a ticket in to DJI's email support and when they finally replied, they instructed me to send everything back. But I already sent just the mavic body! Did you send just the mavic body or did you send battery, transmitter and cables back as well?

They want you to send back the body, battery, and remote so they can test it with all of your equipment. Don't send any other accessories, and they say don't send batteries if there's a battery problem.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada