DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Getting Better All The Time!

Uncle Hoser

Reactions
...cue one of my favorite Beatles songs...

I'm still learning to fly the MA2, but getting a bit more familiar with it. I must admit, the control sticks are REALLY touchy, especially the YAW command! That'll make the silly thing spin like an old Maytag washer!

So far, I haven't really tried to shoot video or pics. I've had the camera on, but the basic neighborhood rooftops are pretty boring. Of course, the video/photo aspects are secondary at this point. Maybe after I learn to be a pilot, I'll learn to be a photographer! Retirement is about 2 months away, and that gives me more time to "play", and also lets me pick and choose my ideal weather/wind conditions from day to day!

So far, so good. This site is amazing...I couldn't have gotten along this far without you guys!

...cue one of my favorite Beatles songs...

I'm still learning to fly the MA2, but getting a bit more familiar with it. I must admit, the control sticks are REALLY touchy, especially the YAW command! That'll make the silly thing spin like an old Maytag washer!

So far, I haven't really tried to shoot video or pics. I've had the camera on, but the basic neighborhood rooftops are pretty boring. Of course, the video/photo aspects are secondary at this point. Maybe after I learn to be a pilot, I'll learn to be a photographer! Retirement is about 2 months away, and that gives me more time to "play", and also lets me pick and choose my ideal weather/wind conditions from day to day!

So far, so good. This site is amazing...I couldn't have gotten along this far without you guys!
What area of Arizona are you located in?

You can adjust the control of your sticks to make them perform differently... slower, faster whatever...

Reactions: Thomas B
You can adjust the control of your sticks to make them perform differently... slower, faster whatever...
I thought there was a function that lets you do that, but I can't seem to find it! I'm sure it's operator error...the functions and features on this drone are absolutely mind boggling. Lots of STUFF to go through and learn!

I thought there was a function that lets you do that, but I can't seem to find it! I'm sure it's operator error...the functions and features on this drone are absolutely mind boggling. Lots of STUFF to go through and learn!
I believe its in control or camera.. look for advanced gimbal control..

Yes, I'm pretty new at this as well.. LOTS of stuff on there. Its like my iPhone... I'll never know what all it can do!

Also, try flying in "Tripod Mode". Helps slow things down a bit.

Tripod works well for up / down / forward / back - but side to side I've found is really iffy and not all that slow. I'll have to check the settings as well, but would be nice to have a control wheel on the RC to tighten / loosen the sticks some - so they are not quite so sensitive for this old man with shaky hands.

3 ½ minutes into this may help.

This seems to be for the "gimbal" movement - not the actual RC sticks movement.

Would be nice to have tensioner wheel to tighten the RC sticks a bit more so they are harder to move around, thus slowing the movements made when using the sticks. It's extremely hard for me to do good movements with the drone via the sticks since they move so easily - thus even in tripod mode of creating jerky videos. If I could tighten the sticks just a tad more, then I could more easily control the drone movements, esp in tripod mode for a more fluid video.

Would be nice to have tensioner wheel to tighten the RC sticks a bit more so they are harder to move around, thus slowing the movements made when using the sticks. It's extremely hard for me to do good movements with the drone via the sticks since they move so easily - thus even in tripod mode of creating jerky videos. If I could tighten the sticks just a tad more, then I could more easily control the drone movements, esp in tripod mode for a more fluid video.
It does both. .It also controls the drone movement made by the sticks. .yaw speed ect..

Reactions: tlswift58

I know it says gimbal speed but yaw & pitch speed should slow down the movement of the drone.
Longer sticks will slow movement down as they have further to travel to give the same movement of the drone

Reactions: Dbez1 and tlswift58
As Cyborg posted above, try longer sticks. A roundhead screw with the same threads is a cheap way to see if it helps. Also, experiment with your yaw speed.

I believe its in control or camera.. look for advanced gimbal control..

Yes, I'm pretty new at this as well.. LOTS of stuff on there. Its like my iPhone... I'll never know what all it can do!
Sure enough...I found it again! Just where you said it would be - " advanced gimbal" functions. That would have been the last place I looked! As a result, I slowed it down a bit, and it's a LOT easier to control now. More stuff to screw around with...
Cheers!
Dave

Reactions: A.O.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost