DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Getting DJI Goggles screen into focus for anyone needing reading glasses

flynsign

Reactions
I have fairly good eyesight (around 20/25) but need readers as many people do past 40 / 50 years of age. Question is, does anyone else have problems getting the screen into focus for many of us who have presbyopia? I wear reading glasses (1.75 power) and even wearing my readers, the screen is EXTREMELY fuzzy and completely unusable due to how close to my eyes are to the screens. Moving the IPD dial does nothing to fix this of course. :(

Last edited:
Reactions: hookalakupua
Umm, the screens are perceived to be 11" to 3m away. Reading glasses aren't needed normally.

There's a mountain of posts about that. Some use stronger readers that they either wear or attach inside the goggles or have custom lenses made.

Umm, the screens are perceived to be 11" to 3m away. Reading glasses aren't needed normally.
For someone who requires reading glasses, everything short of a couple feet will be out of focus. The closer you are to any object the more you need readers - that much more when that object is 1" away. Even wearing 3.25 strength is still not quite in focus and way too much hassle to have to constantly switch out readers.

For someone who requires reading glasses, everything short of a couple feet will be out of focus. The closer you are to any object the more you need readers - that much more when that object is 1" away. Even wearing 3.25 strength is still not quite in focus and way too much hassle to have to constantly switch out readers.
But they aren't an inch away, they are 11" to 3m away depending on how your eyes perceive them.

But they aren't an inch away, they are 11" to 3m away depending on how your eyes perceive them.
Gonna have to respectively disagree. I'm literally sitting here now typing on a tablet screen that is probably 10-12" away from my face. CRYSTAL clear. I have 20/20 vision. But I cannot for the life of me focus on the image in the goggles without using +1.5 reading glasses. Once I do that it's crystal clear.

I've got the Moverio glasses coming to me this week. Curious to see how that works out.

I normally use 2.0 readers, I am using 3.5 readers with my goggles and it looks better
Just discovered 4.0 power is ideal for a CRYSTAL clear image if you normally wear 1.75 - 2.00 power readers.
What's more, you don't even need to put on glasses at all to use the goggles - the trick is to pop out the lenses from the frame and glue the 4.0 bare lenses to the goggle optics rim. Once this mod is completed, it feels just like sitting in front of a crystal clear IMAX screen! - perfect!!!!!

Amazon.com: 3-pack Eyekepper Readers Rectangular Spring Temple Large Metal Reading Glasses Men +4.0: Health & Personal Care

NOTE: These 4.0 lenses are not flat - they are 'cupped' so be CERTAIN to attach the bare lenses with the bow of the lenses facing IN (as if the lenses could hold water once applied to the rim of the goggles) - hope that makes sense, but it's very important they are attached in this way to avoid fogging.

Last edited:
I have fairly good eyesight (around 20/25) but need readers as many people do past 40 / 50 years of age. Question is, does anyone else have problems getting the screen into focus for many of us who have presbyopia? I wear reading glasses (1.75 power) and even wearing my readers, the screen is EXTREMELY fuzzy and completely unusable due to how close to my eyes are to the screens. Moving the IPD dial does nothing to fix this of course. :(
My goggles showed up last week and it they were fun but definitely not the quality everyone was saying. Had my eyes tested 2 days later and even though they're 20/20, I have trouble with things closer than 10-12 inches. Ordered a pair and should be here Wednesday so really hoping they solve the problem.

My goggles showed up last week and it they were fun but definitely not the quality everyone was saying. Had my eyes tested 2 days later and even though they're 20/20, I have trouble with things closer than 10-12 inches. Ordered a pair and should be here Wednesday so really hoping they solve the problem.
Please see post #8 above, this will fix your problem - guaranteed...

Fantastic! I think my prescription was 1.25 but I'll check. If it is, do you think these will still work? Thanks again.
With a 1.25 power, you should probably go with 3.5 power lenses: Amazon.com: 3-pack Eyekepper Readers Rectangular Spring Temple Large Metal Reading Glasses Men +3.5: Health & Personal Care

Just be sure to pop out the lenses and attach them directly to the rim of your goggles. I used a high tack double sided tape on the top and bottom edge of the goggle rim - hot glue will not stick to the black silicone rim of the goggles.

You are the man! Ordering now and if this helps the screen look as amazing as you say, I'm buying you a beer!

I found this solution to be superior. It allows me to keep my much-needed transition bi-focals hung around my neck for when I flip the goggles up. It's cheap, it's simple, and the +5 diopters gave me crystal clear vision (I have absolutely horrible close-up vision).

DJI Goggles Missing Diopter Adjustment

I have that problem since I use 1.75 magnifying glasses and at the distance of the dji goggles I can not focus them well. Horror

Hey guys pretty much everyone will need to wear mags to use the Goggles. Go to a Dollar General or your favorite drug store and buy a 1.75 -2.00- 2.50 readers spend 15 min on each set to let your eyes adjust then return the others. 2.00 worked perfect for me. I'm looking at Velcroing the lens in now.

Regards Mike

Ditto on all this. I am in my "later" 50s, and wear progressive lenses which have had to have increased magnification in the lower section over the last several years... They are, sadly, useless with the goggles.

I found a pair of 2.75 reading glasses at my local Walgreens (along with a hard case to keep them safe in my flight bag) and they solved the problem for me completely... and they are definitely stronger than the "reading glasses" component of my progressives...

Reactions: papimavic

I agree. Not a good quality picture at all.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000