DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Getting FAA authorization very frustrating

funflyer

Reactions
I am a new drone pilot and I use airmap to get flight approval. Lately, I just can’t ever seem to get approval from FAA. There are no restrictions, my flight plan is very simple with altitude below 100’ and less tha a 500’ radius flying a Mavic mini recreational. Every time I submit, I get FFA not available at this time. What can I do? extremely frustrated at this point.

You might want to read over this post but basically Airmap is no longer allowed to be used for authorization.

Reactions: tlswift58
I am using Aloft. Easy, free, and accepted by the FAA. There are a few apps that used to work but are no longer FAA approved to issue LAANC.

I am using Aloft. Easy, free, and accepted by the FAA. There are a few apps that used to work but are no longer FAA approved to issue LAANC.
AirMap is the only one that was removed from the LAANC providers list. The others are still active.

I am a new drone pilot and I use airmap to get flight approval. Lately, I just can’t ever seem to get approval from FAA. There are no restrictions, my flight plan is very simple with altitude below 100’ and less tha a 500’ radius flying a Mavic mini recreational. Every time I submit, I get FFA not available at this time. What can I do? extremely frustrated at this point.
I guess my question is "why are you seeking authorization" in an "unrestricted zone?

As others have stated about Airmap - get Aloft of one of the other apps and FYI - check the map functions and if there are no restrictions - then no requirement to get permission to fly. Put the drone in the sky and HAVE FUN. Even some areas that have certain restrictions do not always require permission to fly either. The apps can explain that if authorization is required or not.

I guess my question is "why are you seeking authorization" in an "unrestricted zone?

As others have stated about Airmap - get Aloft of one of the other apps and FYI - check the map functions and if there are no restrictions - then no requirement to get permission to fly. Put the drone in the sky and HAVE FUN. Even some areas that have certain restrictions do not always require permission to fly either. The apps can explain that if authorization is required or not.
Should I assume that all airspace has some restrictions except for class G airspace? I’m not new to aviation, but new to drone flying. Just trying to clarify. Thank you

Should I assume that all airspace has some restrictions except for class G airspace? I’m not new to aviation, but new to drone flying. Just trying to clarify. Thank you
For recreational flying, the better app is b4ufly. It's like aloft's little sibling.

If you're in Class G, and the b4ufly app is giving you the okay, there's no need to "self announce" when sending up a drone.

Reactions: funflyer

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Esccueje