DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Getting FAA Numbers to stick

petes

Reactions
What are you all using to keep your FAA numbers adhered to the drone
I have used 2 different label maker tapes clear and white and due to the texture of the M2P drone surface they only last a day or 2 before they start to become loose and fall off

Run of the mill P-Touch label has kept mine on so far.

Attachments

• 7F335811-1C08-4F52-B957-7107CC135718.jpeg
    7F335811-1C08-4F52-B957-7107CC135718.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 81
Reactions: Cyclist922
clean the area with rubbing alcohol, apply the label once the area is clean and dry. then myself i usually take a lighter and heat the label which softens it and allows it to stick and form better

We offer custom Vinyl graphic FAA Decals that stick well, but yes they are harder to apply on the Mavic 2's than any other DJI drone. Cleaning the area with rubbing alcohol is a must.

I bought some for around $4 on Etsy that stick great. Comes with 2 large and 2 small. Also comes with clear stickers that are larger than the faa sticker that you can put over them. Have shown no signs of coming loose yet.

Use these myself. Still look new after a year and > 500 flights.
Glad to hear they worked out for you! I also have them on all my personal drones and never had an issue with them coming off.

Brother label maker. Black on white. Stuck across thethe top of the drone. Been on there for a few months without problem. If it comes off it doesn't cost me anything to put a new one on.

Reactions: Skyflyer129
I affixed mine to inside of battery compartment with scotch tape. Is that legal?
You are no longer allowed to install your FAA number inside the battery compartment it must be visible at all times.

That’s what I do too, along with my name and phone number.
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has posted a rule in the Federal Register requiring small drone owners to display the FAA-issued registration number on an outside surface of the aircraft. Owners and operators may no longer place or write registration numbers in an interior compartment. The rule is effective on February 25, 2019. The markings must be in place for any flight after that date.

Reactions: Thomas B
The Vinyl graphic FAA decals work great.
Very important to follow instructions, and doing test strip provided before actually
applying. It is quite a process, I have the FAA number on both of my drones. If you do buy the Vinyl graphic decal, like I said please read instruction carefully. The decals really look great if your a perfectionist, and like every thing neat and tidy. I ordered black lettering, applied against grey body. Stands out really well, easy to see on the drone frame.

Epson model LW-300.

Attachments

• E0062184-0107-47DA-9F27-A5B13DE214C8.jpeg
    E0062184-0107-47DA-9F27-A5B13DE214C8.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 15
What are you all using to keep your FAA numbers adhered to the drone
I have used 2 different label maker tapes clear and white and due to the texture of the M2P drone surface they only last a day or 2 before they start to become loose and fall off
I Had Mine Made Through Amazon, Gold And Black Shiny Labels, They Look Fabulous, Think I Paid Like 12.00 Per Set, Have Them On My Pro 2, And Zoom, Perfect Size...

The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has posted a rule in the Federal Register requiring small drone owners to display the FAA-issued registration number on an outside surface of the aircraft. Owners and operators may no longer place or write registration numbers in an interior compartment. The rule is effective on February 25, 2019. The markings must be in place for any flight after that date.
Yup. Saw that.

I use Dymo permanent polyester black on white. So issue with it sticking.

20200102_151807.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7